CHAPTER 50: BondMates & Oath Sworn Warriors!Part 3

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: THURSDAY, JULY 13, 2023

Thursday April 5th,2018(2 months, 4 weeks, 7 days.)

( 1 month, 3 weeks, 6 days after breakup with Jacob.)

(Kye and Finn dating = 4 weeks, 3 days)

(Kaylee & Brian dating = 14 days(2 weeks, 2 days)

Exactly a day after Kylie, Matt, and Finn's Double Bonding decision; Kylie and Lucas are running over their lines for the play next Friday, in the backyard at Kylie's house. They are both outside in the Australian April heat wave suffering through the day.

Lucas wipes sweat from his forehead and groans. "Why aren't we doing this inside again?" He looks up at her.

Kylie looks at his 'oh so familiar' green eyes from childhood, and her chest loosens. "Because my dad is working on moving his stuff from his upstairs Office to his New Office, slash study, slash Man Cave downstairs."

Lucas nods. Then his small lips purse up confused. "But why? I thought you said he had a nice study upstairs. Why would he change it?" Lucas asks curiously.

Kylie chuckles, amused and a little annoyed that her old childhood friend hasn't been listening to her for the past few weeks.

She lets out a long huff as she leans into her left hip. "If you'd been listening to me these past few weeks; then you'd know that Kaylee and her mom;" Kylie pauses for a brief second. "Who is also my mom, is moving in with us and my dad wants Kaylee to have her own room, and having two places that are basically an office is impractical," Kylie explains. She crosses her arms as she stares at Lucas.

Lucas nods. "Ohhhhhhh." He draws out. His brown lips form a grin. " I knew that." He bats a hand at her playfully.

Kylie scowls at him and chuckles. "Yeah right. You're just trying to cover up the fact that you haven't been paying attention to me lately." Kylie says as she sighs and snorts.

"Oh, I have been paying attention to you Kye. Just not what you say." Lucas mumbles.

Kylie takes her eyes away from her father's Man Shed and her mouth drops open. Lucas puts his hand to his mouth and his eyes dart around the yard nervously.

"What did you say?" Kylie asks Lucas before she can think, her body heating up nervously.

Lucas chuckles nervously and his mouth opens and closes awkwardly like an animal eating its prey. "Nothing!" He exclaims as his eyes open unusually wide.

    Kylie blinks her eyes and shakes off the feeling she may have another problem, other than Kleodora and the curse; and the Double Bond.