CHAPTER 45: Break In! Part 6

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: Tuesday, July 11, 2023 

——After frantically waking up with the man's naked body on top of hers; Kylie calls the cops worried that she was raped....again.

"Thank you so much. Have a Blessed Day Sir." Kylie holds back her sobs as she rocks back and forth on her bed holding her knees. She wipes the tears off her face and winces in pain. She looks down at her legs and shivers. "NO. Please no." She whimpers. She shakes her head.

"Are you okay sis?" Nicholas asks, standing in her doorway tilting his head concerned. Kylie looks up wiping more tears off her face. She stands up, straightens her dress and shifts awkwardly. "Everything is fine." She says through a weaze.

"No it's not." Nick blocks her from walking out of her room. He looks at the ripped hinges. "That's not okay." He says pointing at them. Then he motions toward her laptop and the door that is still hanging halfway through the window. "And those aren't okay or normal either." Nicholas sighs exhausted. "I'm scared sis. Dad said he's stuck in traffic and we need to stay at Evie's." Nicholas says, trying to ignore the massive amounts of blood running down his sisters legs.

Kylie nods. "I agree." Then she groans. "She can't have people staying the night because she was caught having a few Twirling friends over a few weekends ago and Mr.Sanders said that she was having a party; even though she wasn't."

Nicholas shrugs. "Then where should we go. "Could we stay at Finn's?" He asks her. "You are still dating aren't you?" Kylie's heart drops. How can she explain what just happened to Finn? Another confusing situation.

"Yes we are." She shakes the thought away because she knows his past with Gretchen now, so she feels like she can tell him anything. "Dad won't like it. Especially since we aren't supposed to be seeing each other." Kylie groans.

Nick scoffs. "I think he's out of his mind for disapproving of Finn." Kylie looks at her brother caught-off-guard for a minute. "Me too." She chuckles.

"You can always tell him the truth about Evie and tell him you'll find somewhere else to stay." Nick nudges her and wiggles his eyebrows mischievously. "And we can stay at Finn's and not tell him where we are."

Kylie gasps. "Nicholas Julian Couture." Kylie puts a hand on her hip. "I can't believe you are the one coming up with the lie." She shakes her head in disbelief, trying to ignore the blood.