Chapter 95: History

Wonwoo POV

The awkward silence between me and Jaehyun weighed heavily on us. The tension from our previous meets had long died down since we shared a common goal.

To get Y/N back.

Neither of us walked at a fast pace as we strolled down the sidewalk. I had driven here, but Seung Cheol had one of the boys drive my car home so Jaehyun and I could sort out our differences. I was surprised to see that he chose to leave his car behind. He had the option to drive back without me if he'd truly wanted to, but stayed. I can assume he knows we both feel the same about the things happening around us.

I glanced over at him to see his jaw clenched. I could tell he was thinking just as much as I was. Since she went off with them, I haven't been able to get my thoughts straight, nor have I been able to escape the thousands of thoughts I'm drowning in. I can now see that Jaehyun is suffering the same pain.

I looked up at the dark, starry sky for a second before finally deciding to speak.

"I don't think either of us is sorry for the way we've treated the other, we both have our reasons," I began. "But differences aside, I'd truly like to try to work with you."

I could see him glance over at me from the corner of my eye. I heard him let out a small laugh that slightly resembled a scoff as he nodded.

"I think you mean similarities aside," He corrected.

I looked over at him, clearly confused.

"You're still in love with her, aren't you?"

My eyes widened and jaw clenched. I looked away from him, looking straight ahead of us as I took a moment to think about his statement. I let out a slightly pitiful laugh, beginning to accept the fact that what he'd said was true.

I'd be lying if I agreed to anything different.

"I guess I still am," I laughed.

"I sometimes forget you both had history," He replied.

I nodded then paused.

"She told you?" I asked.

"No, she hasn't told me anything about her past," He answered, shaking his head. "I did a little digging before she came to work with us."

I watched him slightly rub the back of his neck, looking slightly uncomfortable by the fact he looked into her past without her knowing just how far he went. As I was looking at him, I could tell there was something else that was slightly weighing on his mind, relating to the topic.

"Does that... bother you?"

A/N: I miss skz (;'ٹ')
To make up for them not having many parts in this story, since it's mostly between nct and svt, I'll maybe make a skz ff? Let me know if I should ^^♥︎