Chapter 49: Stock Party (Pt. 4)

Y/N POV

I was left standing alone, still trying to process what Jaeho had said.

Is he threatening me?

Does he know something I don't?

The question that I assumed from the start, but deep down hoped wouldn't be true finally came to mind.

Is he really the one behind the shootings..?

I was lost in thought. The people dancing around me seemed to vanish into thin air as the only thing in my mind were thousands of questions that needed answers to. I was startled when I felt a soft hand gently grasp my own.

I turned and saw Jaehyun with a soft smile on his face as he looked at me. He gently pulled me to the middle of the crowd of slow dancing people, making us the center of everyone's attention. Eyes were focused on us as he swiftly slid his arm around my waist, holding onto me firmly as he pulled my body closer to his. My right palm rested in his while my left hand rested on his shoulder. I fought back a smile as he stared down at me with the happiest look on his face.

There's that feeling again.

I felt everyone else inside the room fade to grey as the only person I could see was Jaehyun. Everything from his now messy deep blue hair, his deep, dark brown eyes, his dimples as he grinned down at me, all the way down to his suit and dress shoes was perfect. I couldn't spot a single flaw while my eyes got lost in his. I caught myself beginning to smile as I got caught up in the moment.

I guess I have gone soft, haven't I? Hell, I don't even remember the last time I brought the fear to someone's eyes... But this feeling, this look, it's different.

I like it.

I'm a strong, intimidating, powerful, successful, and confident woman. Yet, anytime I'm caught in his gaze, I instantly melt. I never feel belittled by him, no one has the ability to do that to me, but I feel as though I have everything I'll ever need standing right in front of me. The universe, holding me close, tightly in his muscular arms. Neither of us ever letting go.

I feel safe.

"Having fun, princess?" He asked, leaning close to my ear with a grin.

I felt my face heat up while I faintly smiled at the same time.

'Princess.'

That's a name I've never been called before, but I loved it coming from him. I nodded in response to his question, finally meeting his eyes. His gaze focused on me, not looking anywhere else.

Mine was the same.

I felt my heart pound at a rapid pace, making my once hard and tough exterior seem so soft and fragile. Like all things, the dance soon came to an end. The light piano music ended, and the song changed.

I slowly brought my hand down from Jaehyun's shoulder, resting it at my side. I tried to gently pull my hand from his grasp, but his hold only tightened. I looked at him, confused, but he only smirked as a response. He held tightly onto my hand, soon intertwining our fingers while I stood beside him. I watched as a light blush crept onto his face, making him look even cuter.

Everyone had long gone back to their own business, conversing with peers, friends, lovers, and business partners. Jaehyun began leading me through a side exit in the villa, away from everyone else. Whenever I could, I'd sneak small glances of him.

I knew he was handsome before, but why does it feel so different now?

A/N: I won't get my hopes up too high yet, but I think I'll be able to continue with the scheduled 2:00 updates!! I figured out a way to continue updating without interfering with my online classes since they end much sooner than I thought. I'm a bit behind on writing though, so if I miss an update for a day or two in the near future, I apologize. Again, thank you all for 2K reads and 200 votes, it means a lot to me that a lot of you enjoy my story. I truly enjoy writing this story for you, and it's my personal favorite to work on. I hope everyone is doing well and staying "sealthy" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Aka "safe and healthy." Much love to you all~ <3