Chapter 60: Fear

Y/N POV

"Oh, Ms. Kang, you're up early," Mrs. Kim said upon entering my room.

I slightly nodded, giving her a faint smile. I'd woken earlier than I thought I would. I didn't get much sleep last night due to the amount of overflowing thoughts that filled my mind.

Mrs. Kim brought me a simple dress to wear for the day. It looked almost too formal for me to wear for wandering the villa.

"You don't have to bring me such a lovely outfit, Mrs. Kim. I greatly appreciate it though. Even the kimono and pajama wear you'd brought me last night was a stunning pair," I politely stated, admiring the dress.

"Oh, don't thank me, Ms. Kang. The young master had these outfits specifically chosen for you," she responded.

My eyes shot up from the dress, to Mrs. Kim's eyes. The look on my face was calm and expressionless. Her small smile slowly faded away, for she couldn't figure out exactly what it was I was thinking.

"Did he?" I asked.

"Mm," she hummed, smoothing out the the wrinkles in the dress.

"I see," I answered. "Tell him I said 'thank you' ."

"Will do," she said happily.

I watched her small figure approach the door, but before she could turn the handle, I requested one last thing.

"Mrs. Kim?" I gently said, still staring down at the dress on the bed beside me .

"Hm?" She hummed, turning around.

"Is it alright if I speak with the young master personally? I have a small request," I stated, turning to face her.

She hesitantly fiddled with her fingers, trying to decide whether to agree to my request or not. I noticed her slightly uncomfortable posture. It looked so different from how comfortable and happy she appeared last night.

"I'll see what I can do," she said, trailing off. "May I ask what it is you're planning on asking of him?"

I paused, staring expressionless at her.

"Someone I hold dear is currently in a hospital bed. It would put me at ease to see for myself what their current state is," I calmly answered.

She slowly nodded, a sympathetic look on her face.

"I'll see what I can do. Breakfast will be ready soon," she responded.

"Mm," I nodded with a soft smile.

As soon as the door clicked behind her, I let out a long sigh. I entered the bathroom connected to my bedroom, gently closing the door behind me. I let the robe I was wearing drop to my feet before stepping into the hot shower. The steam filled the bathroom, growing thicker with every minute that passed.

I tilted my head back, keeping my eyes closed. I felt the soothing hot water rush over my head, gently grazing down my face, and down to my neck. The water continued over collarbone, and down past my stomach, to my hips and thighs. The warm water and light, burning sensation comforted me. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was terrified.

It wasn't my own safety I feared for, but Tony's. Luka's, Daisuke's, Ace's, Wonwoo's... and especially Jaehyun's. I know they're all grown men who are more than capable of taking care of themselves, but with everything that's going on, I can't help but feel concerned.

Tony is strong, I know that. I know he'll be okay, and I also know Luka will be able to look after him in my absence. Ace will keep everyone in line, and Daisuke will keep things in order and make it appear almost as if I was never gone. Wonwoo will be fine with the rest of SVT, like usual, and Jaehyun...

Deep down, as much as I wish I didn't, and wish I could deny it, I think I'll be worried about him the most. His involvement with me could put him in more harm than he was before.

... I'm also terrified that I'll miss him.

That's an odd statement, isn't it?

My Shades, my boys, and the few people I've allowed close to me are my only family. Family is a word that had lost its meaning and was broken to me long ago, but over time, it found a new meaning to me.

Family is home. Family, no matter how small or unrelated, is the one thing you can rely on at the end of the day.

Family is not what I'm afraid of.

Loving someone is.

A/N: Sad to announce Taeyong's dog, Ruby, passed away :(((( Much love to Taeyong and all of NCT always <3

Rest easy beautiful ♡︎