Chapter 56: Mrs. Kim

Y/N POV

"Would you mind bringing her some ice and water?" He politely asked.

"Not at all," Mrs. Kim happily answered.

Once she left the room, my eyes returned to the staircase.

"It's a bit rude, don't you think?" I began.

"Sorry?" The voice asked.

"You can see me, but I can't see you. I feel as though I'm talking to myself," I stated.

He went silent for a minute. I'm sure he was thinking of an excuse to not reveal his identity.

"My apologies," he politely answered.

He paused for a moment more.

"I'm sure you're exhausted and curious as to why you're here, Ms. Kang. All will be explained in due time, but I think it's best you rest for now. Mrs. Kim will show you to your room for the time being," he said before pausing, yet again. "The villa is free for you to roam. The only thing I request is you do not leave the premises, and do not enter the east wing. Goodnight Ms. Kang."

With that, I could hear his light footsteps trail down the hall above us, venturing further into the dark. I let out a light sigh, feeling distressed.

He was wrong. I'm the furthest thing from tired, but I think he knows that.

"Ms. Kang, your room is ready whenever you are," Mrs. Kim politely informed me.

I nodded with a faint smile. As I followed Mrs. Kim up the large staircase and down the hall opposite of where the manly figure once stood, I turned around, sneaking one last glance before entering my room.

—————————

I heard two small knocks on my bedroom door before hearing my name called.

"Ms. Kang? I've brought you a change of clothes for the night," Mrs. Kim said.

I walked out of the small bathroom, wrapped in nothing but a slim, short towel. I was using the second towel I was given to gently dry my hair.

"Come in," I answered.

The second Mrs. Kim walked through the door, she looked embarrassed. She kept her eyes away from me while she set the night gown and thin black kimono on the bed. I chuckled as I walked up beside her.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kim," I said.

She nodded, finally meeting my eyes. I guess it didn't take her long to adjust.

"Of course. My apologies if I looked a bit flushed," she said with a small grin. "It just caught me off guard..."

Her pause made me question what it was she was thinking about. I took the clothes from the bed, and made my way back into the bathroom. I left the door cracked so she could hear me speak.

"Something on your mind, Mrs. Kim?" I asked while I got changed.

I could almost hear her thoughts, while she hesitantly tried to decide whether she should tell me what was disturbing her.

"I hope this doesn't offend you in any way, Miss," she finally spoke. "I mean this with my utmost respect, but...

You remind me of my daughter."