𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬

Y/N POV

He looked at me frantically and quickly blurted his response.

"Ms. Angel," he laughed nervously, "rest assured that this won't be the case this time. I intend to keep your men safe! And this IS a business transaction, I-"

I cut him off, my patience with his words, thinning.

"Selling people is business?" I grit my teeth with the question. "With all due respect, Mr. Lam, the men that work for me here are NOT items for sale."

I stood up from my desk and motioned toward the door.

"I think it's time for you to leave, Mr. Lam. Maybe we can talk another day when you mean REAL business."

"But Ms. Angel, I-"

"Tony?" I called out, "would you mind showing Mr. Lam back to his car?"

Tony immediately came inside and escorted Mr. Lam out. The moment the door shut, I threw the glass he was drinking from across the room, causing it to shatter against the wall. Luka cautiously peeked inside, this isn't new to anyone.

"You okay, A?" He looked at the shattered glass then turned to me to see if I was going to throw another or sit quietly. I chose the latter. I nodded without a word and walked out of my office. I stopped at the front door and turned to Luka.

"Call Mrs. Kim and ask her to clean the glass. If she gets injured in the process, contact me."

He nodded and bowed his head to me before turning to get our housekeeper. I began walking toward my personal car, and called out, "T, I'm leaving!"

"Where to?" A low, husk voice asked from behind me. I turned to see it was Tony.

"That was fast," I said smiling up at him.

He softened his face after seeing my smile. I missed that.

"Come with me," I said with a big smile.

His look changed, his gaze almost looking.. sad? Why? My smile faded, and once he noticed, he changed his look.

"Where?" He asked, his face once again stiffening.

"Smile for me and I'll tell you," I said softly.

I smirked and looked up at him, waiting. His look again softened and he gave out a light chuckle. He looked down at me grinning, just like he used to. It caused me to smile as I was before.

"Have dinner with me, you're not allowed to say no."
"But-" he insisted.

"That's an order," I smirked.

He heaved a light sigh and opened the driver side door for me to enter. He walked around the front of the car and got into the passenger side.

"Ready?" I asked with a smile.

He sighed and relaxed his posture and speech, not talking formally to me anymore.

"Do I have a choice?" he asked.

I laughed, causing him to grin since he already knew the answer. I started up the car and the engine roared. In a matter of minutes, we were miles away from the Manor.