Chapter 33: Lead

Y/N POV

"I'm home boys~" I exclaimed as I entered the large manor.

It's been two months since I've last seen the Shades. I occasionally talked on the phone with Luka, Tony, and Daisuke, but that was it. After announcing my arrival, the first person to run into my arms was Luka. He bolted down the steps and immediately lifted me off my feet the second he got to me.

"I missed you so much!" He said, pulling away.

"I missed you too," I laughed.

He proceeded to fake cry, then his eyes widened. He turned to the rest of the boys behind him, pointing at me from over his shoulder.

"You all heard that right? I'm not imagining things?" He questioned.

Tony tried to hide his small laughter meanwhile everyone else chuckled at Luka. He turned back to me, still in shock.

"You've gone soft, A, you're even smiling," he said, pointing out my grin.

I immediately changed my expression, now looking serious and mean. Have I really gone soft?

"I don't know what you're talking about," I casually said, walking past him.

After greeting everyone else, I was ready for business. We all met in the living room, ready to discuss the investigation.

"So? What have you found at the company?" I asked.

I stood before everyone in the room, awaiting a response. I felt my mood drop as I was met with silence. Each of them refused to make eye contact with me.

"Nothing?" I asked sharply. "Not a single thing?"

"Angel-" Luka started.

I immediately looked to him, waiting for an excuse. Again, I got nothing.

"I understand whoever is behind these crimes was thorough in their work, but I refuse to remain clueless in this investigation," I firmly stated. "I'll expect more from each of you in the weeks to come. As of now, I think I have a small lead."

They all looked at me in shock.

"I was recently informed Luka requested to have some of our representatives sent to a stock party being held for NCT Industries. This gives us an opportunity to not only befriend NCT's higher ups, but possibly find out who's within their mafia group. I'll leave the second part to Tony, Daisuke and Ace. Now for you three rookies.." I made eye contact with the three young men in front of me.

"Seowoo, Chanyoung, and Beomseok, I want you to do what you can to discreetly investigate the representatives of L Corp, but do not approach the Director," I ordered, sternly stating the last five words.

"Wait, you mean that scumbag is gonna be there?" Luka snarled.

I nodded, watching as his jaw clenched at the thought of Jaeho. Daisuke carefully observed everyone in the room, his eyes landing on Tony. Tony uncrossed his tense arms, standing from the sofa. He quietly left the room, not wanting the others to know how upset he was.

"So who's going to take care of Director Lam?" Daisuke quietly spoke up.

I watched as Luka turned to face me, already knowing my answer. The look in his eyes pleaded for me to change my mind, to choose someone else, but the both of us knew I wasn't going to.

"Me."