Chapter 141: Slowly

Y/N POV

"Oh, is that so?" I teased, leaning closer to his face

"Mhm," he hummed, placing his hand on my face.

Our faces were so close together, and yet our lips still felt so far apart.

I loved and hated this tension.

"Beautiful?" He merely whispered in a deep tone.

"Handsome?" I answered back.

"Your heart wouldn't happen to be beating fast... would it?"

"If it was, I don't think I'd be able to maintain eye contact with you for this long."

"Then why are your cheeks so pink?" Jaehyun asked, gently rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

"If you're gonna stand there and tease me, the least you could do is kiss me," I finally spoke.

Jaehyun smirked, holding my face as he leaned in to kiss me. It was a slow, passionate kiss. I loved when he kissed me slowly. I can feel how soft his lips are against mine rather than getting so caught up in the pleasure of it, that I can no longer feel them.

His hands moved from my face, to my hair as he gently ran his fingers through it. They traveled down to my waist, where they rested. He gently ran them over my hip dips, as I could feel his hands lower a little. In one swift movement, he'd quickly broken the kiss and picked me up, tossing me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing!" I shouted, not being able to control my laughter.

He let out a deep chuckle, plopping me down on the bed. He jumped in to lay beside me, hugging my back and nuzzling his face in my shoulder. I kept laughing, still confused, and he let out small, deep giggles.

He's cute sometimes.

"You're so giddy today," I sighed, running my hands through his hair from over my shoulder.

"Mm," he nodded, hugging me tighter.

"Wanna tell me why?" I questioned, curious to know his answer.

Jaehyun paused for a moment.

"Earlier I said I've known you for five months, and yet somehow, that five months feels like five years..."

"Go on."

"Y/N, feel free to reject this cause it sounds a little crazy, ok?" He said.

"Okay..."

"When we finally get Jaeho to get off our asses..."

What is he gonna-?

"Would you consider a promise?"

"A promise?" I asked, confused. "What kind of promise?"

I turned around to face him.

He looked down at the silver band on his finger, and slid it off.

"This kind of promise," he said, holding the band in front of my face. "Not yet a proposal, but a promise."

I smiled, nodding.

"When we get past all this bullshit, I'll consider a promise, Jaehyun."

"Really?" He asked, excitedly.

His eyes were molded into thin crescent moons, his dimples deep in his cheeks.

"Yes, really."

"So... does this mean we can sleep together?"

"What-"

"NOT like that," he smiled. "Like this."

He turned my body away from his, my back facing him. Jaehyun wrapped his arms around my body, tight. I could feel his chest pressed closely to my back.

His warmth was comforting.

I smiled, placing my hands over his arms. He removed one of his hands from my waist, moving my hair away from my neck. He placed small, light, soft kisses on my neck before mumbling a deep "goodnight".

I sleep best when I'm in his arms.