Chapter 116: Disappointment

Y/N POV

"What's going on?" I asked as Jae and I had arrived on scene.

I glanced around, noticing that NCT's Dream Unit was already on there since they occasionally patrol downtown with WayV's Unit. Everyone looked toward us, looking sweaty and exhausted.

It... ended?

So soon?

"There was another shootout down here after the manor was attacked," Tony said calmly, appearing beside me.

"I think they wanted us to be distracted and separated, but the Shades had gotten here quickly. Whoever it was eventually left," Jeno said as he approached us, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Left? Evaluate," Jaehyun stated, his stare turning cold.

"It was weird," Renjun chimed in. "They almost looked like they were looking for something, but didn't find it so they chose to leave.. It was something or someone, I'm not sure."

The others nodded before someone else spoke.

"The mansion was shot up around the same time we were ambushed here," Jisung said, gesturing toward our surroundings full of bullets, debris, and empty cartridges. "One of us called Taeyong, and the other called Ace so we could get back up."

"How many of them were there?" I asked, carefully examining asphalt, and surrounding buildings.

"Close to thirty, maybe a little less once we shot a few down. We couldn't do much with just the six of us," Chenle answered.

"That's why we figured to call you for backup, but I guess you were busy.." Jaemin commented, looking between me and Jae.

"And how many at the manor," Jaehyun asked for me.

"Forty maybe," Daisuke spoke, coming from behind Renjun and Chenle. "It's not unknown that we aren't ever left unarmed at the manor, so I'm assuming they figured a larger group was necessary."

"What's the death count?" I questioned, glancing around to see if any bodies were left in the open.

"Around fifteen at the manor, and four here," Luka stated. "Haechan and I took care of the ones here, and the rookies stayed with Ace at the manor to take care of the damage there."

Jaehyun and I glanced at each other, then at the small group of men surrounding us. None of them could hide the disappointed and awkward stares deep within their eyes.

We could see it, and we knew what they were thinking...

We should've been there sooner.

A/N: THANK YOU FOR 60K READS!!!

Much love ALWAYS ❤️