Chapter 34: Letting Go

Y/N POV

I quietly knocked on the bedroom door across from mine, Tony's. I slowly opened the door, taking a peek inside. As I swiftly entered the room, I realized this is probably the first time I've ever been in his room. I never had a reason to enter before. My eyes landed on him sitting at the edge of his bed with a book in his hand. Whenever Tony needed to take his mind off of something that bothered him, he always read. I sat down beside him, leaning against his shoulder.

"It'll only be for a couple hours," I spoke.

He scoffed.

"You'll be there..." I said, trailing off.

Those three words seemed to soothe him a bit.

"How do you expect Luka to not shoot him?" He quietly asked.

"Oh please," I laughed, "Luka can hardly aim correctly when he uses the restroom, you're expecting him to aim with a gun?"

My joke got him to break into a smile, causing him to laugh.

"Don't let him hear you say that," he laughed.

Once our laughter died down, my eyes focused on Tony's large figure beside me.

"There's something else bothering you, isn't there..?" I asked.

He slowly nodded. I patiently waited for him to speak, not wanting to force him into an uncomfortable situation.

Tony POV

"Up until recently, I thought I was fine with seeing you with other men, but now I'm not so sure.."

Those were the words I wanted to say, but forcefully held in. Since we met, I've always thought Y/N was the most beautiful person I'd ever seen. After I got to know her, her personality only interested me more. Every other person became nothing to me as she was the only person who ever held my attention. These feelings were on and off as we went through phases with other people, but we always came back to one another. This feels like another one of those phases.

The way she looked at him, how happy she looked when she returned, I'd never seen her so happy in my life. There was a short period of time where she was remotely like that, with Wonwoo, but even then, her smile was only so wide. She's even gotten softer, gentler, it's... different. I can only hope this 'phase' will pass.

A part of me wants to acknowledge that we may never be together. Even though we find our ways back to each other, things never change. Maybe I should let her go? I can't be the one holding her back forever. I deeply exhaled, trying to clear my head from the thoughts that were hurting my heart.

"It's nothing," I finally said. "I think I'm just overthinking the stock party situation."

I slowly lifted my eyes from the floor to face her. Her eyes couldn't hide the look of concern and hurt as she knew my every word was nothing but a lie. She slowly nodded, respecting that I wasn't going to share my thoughts.

"I'll come check on you later," were her last words before exiting the room.

I watched her small figure pass through the door before quietly closing it. I shut my eyes, taking in a deep breath. If I do this, there's no going back this time. It'll truly be the end, but maybe that's what's best for both of us. I exhaled as my mind finally came to a difficult decision.

Forgive me Angel, for I am letting you go... For good this time.