Chapter 129: Always

Y/N POV

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Mr. Jung, please keep in mind this is a professional environment," I reminded, trying my best to keep a straight face.

After getting to spend the day with him, today is our last day at work before taking some time off. After all the bullshit we've been through, the least we can do is take a break.

"My apologies, Ms. Kang," He chuckled with a small smirk. "Mind if I escort you out?"

"Not at all," I grinned at him, just as the elevator doors opened.

The second we stepped out of NCT's company building, we were crowded with press and a few of Jaehyun's fangirls. I straightened my face, ignoring everyone who was asking questions and dying to take a shot of us walking to his car together.

"Jaehyun! Can you tell us about the relationship between you and Y/N Kang?"

"Many photos of the two of you together have been floating around the media, can you explain?"

"There have been dating rumors! Ms. Kang, can you tell us whether or not these rumors are true??"

Just as we had reached his car, after it had been pulled to the curb in front of the building by a valet worker, I caught a glimpse of him holding back a laugh. He walked around the front of the car, and opened the passenger seat for me to enter before closing it and returning to the driver's side door. He opened the door, paused, and turned back toward the press with a slight smirk and proud expression.

"I'd appreciate if you didn't put Ms. Kang's and my private life on broadcast for the world to see," He began, making eye contact with few of the reporters. "However..."

What's he doing...?

"I'm going to say this once, and only once," He firmly stated. "If you see us in public together, or even alone together, mind your damn business. You might ruin my chances with a very difficult woman to catch."

With his final words, he turned toward me with a small smirk and wink. He got into the car, ignoring the questions being shouted out from behind him. I couldn't help but to widen my eyes.

"What did you just-"

"I did exactly what you're thinking I did, beautiful," he stated proudly.

"Have you been drinking this morning?" I questioned. "You do realize how dangerous this could be for both of us, don't you?" I asked.

My tone remained serious, but I couldn't hide the hint of worry in my eyes. I can't have a repeat of before, even with everyone openly supporting us now...

He glanced over at me as he drove before placing his free hand over mine, gripping in firmly. He placed a delicate kiss on the top of my hand, and lowered it without letting go.

"I do," he grinned. "I'd take every bullet, every stab wound, every death threat, and every arrest a thousand times over if I must. I'm tired of pretending I don't have feelings for you, Y/N. I'd walk through hell if I knew you were waiting for me on the other side."

I softly smiled, turning my eyes from his face, to the road ahead of us.

He had a brilliant point.

I'd do the exact same for him, without hesitation...

Always.

A/N: Inconsistent updates ahead, but I'm back my loves~ <3

Also...

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR 94K READS AND 3K VOTES!!! I cannot explain how appreciative I am for the support on this story, and as I'm still writing on and off, I hope to make good stories all of you to enjoy in the future. Ofc FFs are cringey sometimes and some of you will eventually ditch this story for a better one, or your REAL LIFE STORY, but I'll always have love for those of you who have shown it toward me also. That was so heartfelt, I swear I won't bombard you with how grateful I am but yeah
(;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')♡

I hope you've all been doing well, and much love always.

-A.