Chapter 113: Strawberries

Y/N POV

I slowly made my way down the stairs I'd once stumbled on after my foot injury. Again, I was wearing a thin sundress with short sleeves, and my hair straightened nicely. I wore thin, open toe heels that strapped around my ankles perfectly. The early morning was cold, but since the sun was out and shining, it was much warmer outside.

Once I'd gotten to the bottom of the stairs and entered the kitchen, I again, found Jaehyun making the two of us breakfast. I attempted to make as little sound as possible as I snuck up behind him.

"Breakfast smells good," I commented, wrapping my arms around his back.

He glanced over his shoulder with a smile.

"So do you," he replied.

I smiled, pulling away from his back as I walked to his side to sit on the counter top.

"Where'd you learn to cook?" I asked him, taking a strawberry from one of the fruit filled bowls he had resting beside the stove.

"Yuta and Doyoung," he answered without looking up from the pan. "When we were teenagers, Mark and Haechan had set the kitchen on fire one too many times, so they made all of us learn."

I laughed at his brief story.

"They taught you well," I said with a faint smile.

I watched as a small smirk grew onto his face at my remark. He glanced over at me a few times just as he was finishing up the simple dishes, looking like he had something to say. I silently waited for him to say whatever it was that was on his mind.

"You shouldn't sit on the countertop, y'know," he began. "What if I accidentally got hot oil on you?"

I chose to ignore his statement, gently lifting his chin up and turning his head for him to face me.

"Then you apologize, and we move on, handsome," I answered.

Jaehyun looked at me, poking his inner cheek with his tongue as he smirked.

"So you wanna play that game, huh?" He teased, positioning himself so his hands were on either sides of my legs, blocking me from getting off the counter top.

He and I went back and forth saying "yep's" and "uh huh's" as we laughed. His goofy expression suddenly faded as he now looked serious. I watched as his eyes glanced between my eyes and lips. He leaned in close, but before he could close the gap, I put my hand over his mouth. He looked at me, confused, but almost looked as if he was about to laugh.

"Say 'ah'," I said, uncovering his mouth.

"Ah?"

I shoved one of the strawberries in his mouth before moving his arm and hopping off the counter.

He really thought I'd give into that one-

Wait.

A/N: Remember the story sneak peek I mentioned a few chapters ago? The prologue for MONOCHROMATIC U has been officially released!!