Chapter 114: Beautiful

Y/N POV

Wait.

I froze once I felt Jaehyun's arms wrapped tightly around my waist, pulling me back toward his body. He held onto me tightly, burying his face into the crease of my neck and shoulder.

"You've gotta let me go, handsome," I said quietly, resting my hands over his. "If I don't eat soon, I might shoot you before we can leave the house."

"Oh?" He teased next to my ear. "Is that a threat, beautiful?"

"I can make it a promise, love," I answered, smirking as I did so.

"Give me a kiss first," He demanded.

"And if I don't want to?" I asked.

I caught a glimpse of the small smirk on his face before feeling a soft pair of lips come in contact with my shoulder.

"Okay, dear, I get the idea," I said, gently placing my palm on his cheek as I reached over my shoulder.

He lightly kissed my cheek before slowly letting go of my waist so we could eat.

--------------

"So, where are we going exactly?" I asked, gazing out the window.

"Guess," He said with a smile, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Hm," I hummed, taking a moment to think. "The company?"

He slammed on the breaks, pulling us over to the side of the road.

"Are you insane?!" I scolded with a serious stare.

"You really think I'd be taking you to the company on our day off?" He asked, looking at me as if I was the crazy one in this situation.

"I forgot we had the day off," I mumbled, waving my hand in the air as if I was waving away his question.

We drove for about an hour and a half longer, some talking, some laughing, and occasional silence. He finally parked near a slim sidewalk next to a park. I faintly smiled as I looked out the window, reminiscing at the sight of the small park. My smile turned to a shocked stare once I noticed the large sum of cherry blossom trees near the park. There were trees everywhere, but the blossom trees seemed to form a pathway along some sidewalk for the public to enjoy.

"Beautiful..." Jaehyun said in awe from behind my shoulder.

I nodded in agreement, glancing at him with a smile as I did so.

"They are," I said.

I heard him let out a small chuckle before mumbling something as he opened the car door.

"I wasn't talking about the trees."