Chapter 125: Mistake

Johnny POV

"So?" I asked, anxiously looking at Haechan as he walked through the doors of my office. "Did she say yes?"

He heaved a sigh, widening his eyes and shaking his head as he plopped down onto the sofa on the side of the room.

"I hate to say it," He began. "But I think she dropped his ass."

"I was standing outside the door, is this a code red?" Mark asked, entering the room.

I looked between the two of them, aggressively nodding.

"There's no way she dropped him so easily," I stated. "He hasn't spoken since Jaemin, Jeno, and Taeyong convinced him to break from her, so we all know he's not okay... Plus Luka said she won't even look at him."

"So we can all agree these two stubborn asses are still in love?" Haechan asked the two of us.

Mark and I nodded.

"Has anyone tried talking to Jaehyun?" Mark asked.

"Dude, you think I haven't tried?" I scoffed. "The second he told me what happened I tried to talk him into showing up at her front doorstep to clear the air, but he wouldn't budge."

"Dang... of course the one time I'm not grossed out by a couple in this group, the three stooges convince them to break up," Mark sighed.

"We thought it was for the best, so he does too."

The three of us turned our heads and saw Taeyong walk in with a file in his hands.

"I was originally coming here to hand these to Johnny, but for the last few days I've also done some thinking," He said quietly. "As dangerous as things have been lately involving the two of them, I think not putting their happiness first was a mistake."

A part of me felt relieved hearing him say that, but at the same time, a part of me felt extremely saddened by the situation. Jaehyun is locked in his office, drowning himself in work so he won't have to think about her, and Y/N's blood has run cold.

"Talk to him," I finally said. "He won't listen to me, and he sure as hell won't listen to these two, but he's always heard you and Jaemin out. Deep down your opinions mean a lot to him, especially since he's close with you two. I think that hearing you say the one thing he feared made him think it was the only way any of us would cheat death."

I gave Taeyong a minute to let my statement sink in.

"He's never let any of us down, not once. He deserves this once chance at happiness... and so does she," I added.

"If it's not too late... She's on her way to a meeting with the President of L Corp," Haechan stated. "President Tanaka informed me that the meeting isn't until 6:30, so we have around three hours to convince him to speak to her before she gets there. I'm sure she only left the office early to avoid me."

Taeyong slowly nodded, handing my papers to me before exiting the office. Haechan, Mark, and I quietly high fived after he'd closed the door, knowing he'll consider our words.

They can't give up on each other... especially not now.