Chapter 64: Request

Y/N POV

"Don't move."

The words from his lips came out low and deep, yet calm and oddly attractive. I lifted my left hand, using it to remove his from my arm before holding both my hands up in surrender.

"I won't move so long as you take your hand off this door," I answered.

His silence was hesitant, but he removed his hand from the door. I kept my back to him, allowing him to take a few steps back.

"You may turn around now," he said softly.

I turned and was met with nothing... no one.

Where did he-?

"Don't you think you were a little naive to keep your back to me?" He suddenly asked.

I heard the voice far off to my left, yet it was clear as day in the small echo of the dome.

"No," I answered. "I knew you wouldn't hurt me."

"How could you have been so sure? How do you know I won't try to kill you as we speak?" The voice asked.

I laughed a bit.

"If you wanted to kill me, one of us would've been stone cold already," I replied.

He let out a light, yet low chuckle.

"I like your confidence," he said.

"As do I," I mumbled.

I could hear each of our footsteps while we paced the dome on opposing sides. I remained on the right side while he remained on the left. I didn't once see his figure, only his black dress shoes underneath a few of the tables topped with large, healthy growing plants.

"You have a lovely garden, young master," I said, breaking our moment of comfortable silence.

"How did you-"

"You make it too obvious, dear. The way you reacted when you found me in here, and even as you act now. It didn't take me long to figure it out," I stated, cutting him off.

He got quiet, indicating he knew I was right. We continued to pace through the plants, keeping a good distance away from each other. Our moment of silence ended when I heard his light footsteps come to a halt.

"You wanted to visit the hospital?" He said softly.

His tone almost sounded a bit sad as the question escaped his lips.

"I do," I said.

He paused, I could sense the hesitation in his silence, yet again.

"The door you came through when you got here," he began. "A car awaits you outside, but you'll have to be blindfolded."

I froze in place, slightly stunned by his statement.

"Mrs. Kim-?"

"Mrs. Kim informed me of your concerns, and I've agreed to your request. If you leave now, you'll get to see 'the one you hold dear,' so long as you leave before I change my mind," he answered, cutting me off.

He almost sounded a bit bitter as he quoted my words. Despite this, he maintained his soft tone. I faintly smirked, calmly walking back toward the door to exit the garden. I tugged on the handle, slightly cracking the door before stopping. I turned around, facing nothing but the beautiful array of plants as I spoke.

"Thank you."

A/N: ♥︎