𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐃𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐞

Y/N POV

When we got to Angel Manor, the first thing I noticed was the broken glass windows by the front doors. I picked up my pace, now jogging to the door. I wasn't worried about a break in, no, I was worried about my boys. I raced up the few steps and walked into the manor. My heart began to pound and I felt my body tense up as anger, frustration, and worry welled up inside me. Upon coming inside, I watched as a tall figure made its way into the dim lighting from the hallway, Luka.

"What happened here?" I asked. I felt Luka and Tony's eyes fall upon me as they were surprised by my tone. My voice was low and quiet but loud at the same time.

"Daisuke..." Luka said trailing off. I could hear the hurt and frustration in his tone. He took a minute, I knew that he was close to choking on his words, this was his brother for goodness sake. "They shot through the windows, when we realized what was happening, it was too late."

We stared down at the two bodies in front of us. Ace was quietly holding Daisuke in his arms, trying to stop the bleeding. He'd been shot in his side. Thankfully, he was alive, barely breathing, but alive.

"Take him to the closest hospital, request a VIP room and Dr. Wang. Do NOT let anyone see Daisuke leave this manor and be careful you aren't to be followed," I scolded, taking charge.

My words were loud and clear to the men standing in the room. I didn't take my eyes off Daisuke, as I knelt down to hold his hand before our guards came to carry him out. Luka bowed to me and went outside to pull up a van so that Daisuke didn't have to travel far. They came and gently picked him up. He groaned at the sudden movement, causing his pain to worsen, but he remained strong. I felt my eyes begin to burn as his hand slipped from my grip while they carried him through the door. He forced a small smile telling me 'it'll be okay,' and I believed it.

I turned to Ace, who still had his eyes on the doorway. Daisuke and Ace are like best friends. Since he was young, Ace chose not to speak to anyone after an incident. For this reason, he's he most mysterious of the Shades. To this day, he refuses to speak, but only to anyone that isn't me or Daisuke. Shy as he is, Daisuke broke down the defensive barrier Ace had put up long ago, they go through everything together now.

I gently squeezed Ace's shoulder, reassuring him without words. He nodded in response to my gesture.

"Check the security cameras and increase security around the perimeter of the mansion and within both the company and manor," I ordered.

Whoever did this will NOT get away with it, I thought to myself.

Ace nodded and bowed, going to his private work space to check the cameras. The moment I'd thought everyone had left the room, I let out a weak exhale. I shut my eyes tight, trying to prevent any tears from flowing. I rubbed my forehead, trying to regain my composure and think straight. I felt a firm squeeze on my shoulder, Tony. I didn't have to turn around to know it was him. I felt myself slowly come undone for a brief moment, tears escaping my eyes. I slowly turned to him, my watery eyes looking into his beautiful yet worried ones. His brows slightly furrowed, I could tell the sight of me crying was something that pained him deeply.

I've never cried nor lost my composure in front of anyone before, not since I was 15, but the thought of Daisuke possibly not surviving this incident pains me. Tony gently took my hand and pulled me into my office, closing the door behind him. He turned to me and gently pulled me into his firm chest. I felt as his muscular arms clung onto my small body, and I returned the hug, holding him just as tight. We stayed like that for what felt like forever, but he eventually pulled me away, holding my shoulders. He took my hands in his and stared at them for a moment before looking back at me.

"Everything's going to be okay."