Chapter 112: Idiot

Y/N POV

I lazily woke up to the soft, muffled sound of Jaehyun's heartbeat. The slow, steady pounding against my palm was comforting. His body was warm against mine, shielding me from the cold temperature of the room and the weather outside.

I think this is the first night in years that I've been able to sleep the entire night.

For years, after my parents had passed away, I was never able to sleep the entire night. I'd be up for hours staring at the ceiling, or I'd eventually give up on sleeping and get up at early hours. Tonight, however, was different.

This time, this one time, I was finally able to sleep the entire night.

I slowly slid from his grasp, sitting up on the edge of the bed. Before I could even stand, I felt a set of arms wrap around my waist, pulling me back down. I covered my mouth, not wanting him to hear me laugh.

"What's so funny, hm?" He said tiredly in a muffled tone. "It's cold."

I gently brushed back his messy hair, placing a kiss on his forehead before resting my head on his chest. I placed my hand over his heart, feeling the small, soft beats against my palm.

"Jae?" I asked quietly.

"Hm?" He hummed as he deeply exhaled, still half asleep.

"What are we, dear?"

My words came out as a soft mumble. I felt him slightly shift from underneath me as he carefully thought of an answer.

"Let me take you somewhere today," He stated, placing his hand over mine.

I thought for a minute, getting up from his chest to exit the bed. I looked over at him with a faint smile, and nodded. As I was about to pull my hand away from his chest, he gently grabbed onto it to kiss it lightly. I tried to hide my smile from his cheesy gesture as I stood to go to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

What an idiot.

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It's 2021 already
(;'ٹ')

Pleaseeee read the following ♥︎

I started this story in June of 2020, not expecting much to come out of it. I figured I was writing about something I like, the way I like, and I didn't think it would get so much attention. Here we are, 7 months later and we've hit 57K reads and over 1K votes. I'm so so appreciative of everyone who supports this story, and hopefully the many stories to come. I always love reading the comments you leave on chapters because some of them make me laugh, some I relate to, and others melt my heart. I couldn't even begin to describe how grateful I am for everyone who's helped me to feel more confident in my writing from this story. Through all the negative times, I hope you're all able to keep in mind the positive as we enter the new year.

Much love to you always ❤️