Chapter 38: 21

Y/N POV

"Ready?" Jaehyun asked as I approached the passenger side door.

"Mm," I nodded.

He came around the front and held open the door for me. He flashed his dimples as I entered.

Cute.

"You look lovely," he said, glancing at me as he entered the car.

"Thank you," I responded, turning away from him.

————————"So

————————
"So.. how many of these people will I be meeting today?" I quietly asked after a few minutes of driving in silence.

"Why? Are you nervous?" He questioned.

"No," I scoffed. "I'd just like to know ahead of time."

He nodded in response to my statement.

"Just a few."

———————

Y/N POV

The first thing that caught my eye once we reached the villa was the architecture. The entire design and colors of the large home were beautiful beyond compare. Whoever bought this spent a fortune. The plants surrounding the villa all contributed to the vibrant contrast of the dark and light colors of the home.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Jaehyun asked, helping me out of the car.

"Very," I agreed.

"This is where the party is going to be held," he stated.

We stepped through the large oak doors and made our way to the dining room. Shock and slight nervousness pierced through me when I was met with a table full of stunningly handsome men.

1, 2... 15.. 21..? 21 men?! My eyes skimmed over everyone in the room, noticing something I didn't intend to find. I wonder exactly how many are a part of- are some of them are armed? I noticed what I thought a small gun holster underneath one of their coats, and someone I recognized.

Yuta.

"A few, huh?," I quietly mimicked, glaring at Jaehyun. "At least they're attractive," I mumbled.

"What do you-"

His question cut off when he saw Yuta smile at me in recognition. I returned the sweet smile, but was interrupted by Jaehyun clearing his throat.

"Everyone, as you may know, this is Ms. Kang Y/N, CEO of K Group," he said gesturing toward me.

Each of them stood from their seats as we bowed to one another.

"She is not here as an employee, today she is here as a CEO to discuss this week's stock party," he finished. "If you'll take a seat, I'll take the this opportunity to introduce everyone to you, Ms. Kang," Jaehyun said sweetly.

I nodded and took a seat at the second end of the table. A long way across from me was Taeyong, his eyes focused on mine. I slightly cocked my head to the side, getting his attention. It snapped him from his thoughts, forcing him to look away from me.

"Allow me to start with CEO Lee," Jaehyun began. "You've already been acquainted with him as well as President Kim, correct?"

"Mm," I politely nodded.

"As for the board of directors, you have Mr. Kim, Mr. Lee, and me," Jaehyun said with a small wink. "There's also Mr. Suh Johnny who works within our marketing department, Mr. Moon Taeil who works within our finance department, and Mr. Lee Donghyuk, or Haechan, who works within our legal department along with Prosecutor Lee Jeno. Are you keeping up so far, Ms. Kang?"

"I am, thank you," I confidently answered.

"Good. Most of whom I'm about to name work as regular employees, but hold large importance to our company. I'll be naming them as I walk so try to continue to keep up, Ms. Kang," he concluded.

"She's not incompetent, Mr. Jung," Doyoung spoke up. "I'm sure she's highly capable of remembering each of our names."

"I appreciate it, Mr. Kim," I said, smirking at Jaehyun.

"I never said she was, Mr. Kim," he continued. "I'll be starting now."

As he walked around the table motioning to each man he passed, I maintained a stable memory of each of their names. I didn't miss a single one.

'Lee Mark, Nakamoto Yuta, Kim Jungwoo, Na Jaemin, Park Jisung, Huang Renjun, Zhong Chenle, Wong Yuk-hei, also known as Lucas, and- wait did I just hear that correctly?' My thoughts were interrupted by a name I've never heard before.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jung, may you repeat that?" I asked, slightly confused.

I became even more confused as each of the men sitting at the table either held back a laugh or let it out. I looked around, trying to figure out what was happening.

"Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul," Jaehyun repeated with a grin.

Chittaphon scoffed, shaking his head.

"Just call me Ten," he said.

I nodded in response to his answer. My nod slowed as a question entered my mind.

"Forgive me if I come across as rude, but why Ten?" I asked.

In a matter of seconds, everyone in the room except for me broke out in uncontrollable laughter.

"Cause nine wasn't good enough," someone mumbled.

"It was a good year," Ten responded with a laugh.

The remark made me giggle a bit. I fixed my hand into a small fist, trying to hold back my laugh. I attempted to make it look like I was clearing my throat instead.

"Let's keep it professional, shall we?" Doyoung reminded everyone.

"Yes, of course," Jaehyun answered, regaining his composure. "This is our second company, WayV Entertainment's representatives, including Ten and Lucas. Ms. Kang, please meet Wong Kun-Hang, aka Hendery, Dong Sicheng, otherwise known as Winwin, Qian Kun, Liu Yangyang, and Xiao De Jun, also known as Xiojun," he finished.

I slowly nodded, remembering every name I was told.

"I'm assuming you seven aren't usually in Korea then?" I asked.

"No, only for important events," Yangyang answered.

"I see," I responded.

I didn't realize this stock party was going to be so important. The investigation is important, but enough for them to come to Korea for it? Are they back-up? Is there something more going on that I'm not aware of?