Chapter 67: Seo-Woo

Y/N POV

I gently pulled away from Tony just as Daisuke and Luka re-entered the room. Luka wasted no time engulfing me in his tight embrace.

For someone who's so tough, he sure is a softie.

I caught myself smiling as I glanced at Daisuke from over Luka's shoulder. He finally let me go, allowing Daisuke to slowly approach me. His eyes asked for permission to hug me, and I slightly nodded in response. He gently pulled me into his arms, holding me in his warm and gentle embrace. Daisuke held me like a brother holding tightly onto his beloved sister, whereas Luka held onto me like a best friend, and Tony...

A heartbroken lover.

I slowly slid away from his arms, straightening my posture. My facial expression stiffened, and my eyes remained far from their gazes. The cold yet expressionless look on my face concerned them, and they wasted no effort in trying to hide it. I sat down in one of the chairs that remained close to Tony's bedside, making myself comfortable for the conversation I was about to have with the three men.

I intertwined my fingers, resting them in my lap. Just as I was about to speak, Luka beat me to it.

"You're not staying... are you?"

I slowly brought my eyes to meet Luka's. My blank stare was all it took for him to realize his suspicion was true. Daisuke's small smile faded from his face, seconds after the words escaped my lips. Tony's face remained the same, sad, but relieved that I too, was alive.

I brought my eyes back to Luka's. His deep, watery brown eyes were focused on the floor. I stood, pulling his figure close to mine. He remained  silent, refusing to let a single teardrop fall from his face. I pulled away from him, glancing over at Daisuke.

"When is Seo-yeon getting off work?" I asked.

"Around 5," he answered without hesitation. "Why?"

"Just curious," I responded.

Seo-yeon was the mother of Seo-woo. Knowing when she gets off work, when we'll have to drop off Seo-woo, gives me a good idea of how much time I have to say goodbye.

Her and Daisuke have been close for years, and no doubt have had feelings for each other for most of that time. About three years ago, Seo-yeon broke the news she was pregnant. It came as a shock to most of us since it was out of the blue. She had claimed the father to be her abusive ex, but few of us had our suspicions that Seo-woo was actually Daisuke's son.

Daisuke is a very respectful, and highly respected man. Not only does he work within my company's board of directors, he's a notorious hit man and highly intelligent in the mafia world. He's always been sweet, but quite frightening when his loved ones were threatened. That's how it was with Seo-yeon. Anytime she did so much as shed a single tear, Daisuke brought hell onto whoever it was that hurt her.

I'd believed while one of the times Seo-yeon and her ex were on break, Daisuke was the one to spend the night with her. It was normal for him to go and comfort her, but he was gone for much longer than just a day this time. Nine months later, my conjecture was subtly confirmed.

I followed Daisuke out of the hospital room with Seo-woo, leaving Tony to comfort Luka. There wasn't much I could do for him since I was the cause of his heartache. He knew deep down my mind was made up. I stared deep into Seo-woo's joyful and bright eyes, smiling at the sweet sight. I recalled the very moment he was born. I turned to Daisuke, grinning brightly. It must've caught him off guard since he looked surprised, but he faintly grinned also. My next words shocked him even more than my expression.

"He looks just like you."

A/N: Back and better than ever my loves~ ♥︎