𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐒𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

Y/N POV

It's been days since the incident, getting close to a week. I've made many frequent stops at the hospital to see Daisuke. He's healing well, and he'll be getting released in 2 days. He's back to being his usual shy, yet happy self. Whenever Ace isn't working at the company or the manor, he spends all of his free time at the hospital with Daisuke.

I quietly sat in my office at the company on the top floor, scrolling through files on my computer and rummaging through papers on my desk. Whatever happened that night, whoever it was, they knew what they were doing. Suddenly, Luka bursts through the large wooden doors of my office, panting. He must've taken the stairs, the elevators are always crowded.. but why the rush?

I looked at him, waiting for him to catch his breath. I crossed my arms and raised my left brow, already annoyed with all my current surroundings.

"What is it, Luka? I have tons of work to do and I-"

"We found them."

His sudden words made my eyes widen. I felt as my mind went blank, my emotions, irritation, and all other thoughts clearing from my conscience. The words, 'We found them," were the only things in my mind.

"What?" I said, slowly beginning to stand. I felt my hands firmly grip the arms of my chair as I stood, my knuckles turning a light color.

"We found the people who shot Daisuke," he said, sternly. "Ace and I reviewed the camera footage thousands of times, and we finally noticed something." He paused, thinking before finishing. "There was a watch out, Tony tracked the man down and got him to snitch on his boss." Luka looked away, uncomfortably. He rubbed the back of his neck before landing his eyes back on mine.

A small smirk played on my lips at the thought. Ah, Tony, what did you do, my love? Though that question already had a clear answer: the unspeakable. Tony has always been one to get people to talk easily. He's intimidating and strong, I don't doubt that man is in the hospital now.

"And?" I urged Luka to continue.

He remained silent for a moment.

"Luka, your silence is making me grow impatient."

"You're not gonna like this, A... he worked for L Corp," he said, looking unsure yet serious.

"What?!" I nearly screamed, slamming my hands on the desk.

My commotion caused Tony to run inside my office, ready to escort out whoever I was scolding. He looked at Luka, then at me, a confused look in his eyes.

"How long have you known this?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of Luka's.

"About three days.." his voice trailed off. Luka is like a brother to me, but he knows my temper can be bad if it's a sensitive subject.

"Without telling me?" I snarled.

"We're still investigating. It could be a rival company trying to frame L Corp so you'll stop doing business with them," Tony butted in. His voice was stern and clear, his face was serious to match. "We didn't want to give you information that could've been false or led to a dead end."

I looked him in the eyes and nodded, calming back down. I sat back down in my chair, motioning for the two men to sit in the seats across from me.

"Have you found anything else I should know about?" I asked. They both made eye contact with me. I could feel my own eyes piercing through theirs as I spoke. I trusted their cause, but I still wish I'd known sooner.

A/N: Finally back on track :)) I was thinking of updating on Saturday's? Maybe 2 days a week? Let me know what you think! Who was the watch out for the shooting? Does he work for L Corp, or is someone framing them? Remember to vote and comment your favorite parts, and thank you to those who've taken the time to read the story so far <3