Chapter 26: Blush

Y/N POV

"You're here early," Jaehyun said, standing in the doorway to my small office.

"Mm," I responded, not taking my eyes off my laptop. "I placed this morning's briefing on your desk and you've got 2 meetings this afternoon."

"Back to back?" He asked.

"Mm," I nodded.

He slowly nodded, thinking of more things to say.

"Did you-"

"I did," I responded.

"But you don't even know what I was gonna say," he laughed.

"If it's about the necklace, then yes, I forgive you," I said, taking my eyes off the laptop to face him.

"I see," he paused. "Thank you... For the briefing I mean."

"Mm," I replied.

"Is that all you can say?" He chuckled, crossing his arms as he leaned against the door frame.

"You're very welcome, Mr. Jung. Is that better?" I teased.

"Perfect," he said, a smirk growing on his face.

I smiled at him, then immediately snapped out of it.

"Those papers aren't going to organize themselves," I said, glancing at the stack of papers on his desk.

"You're right," he said, turning to his desk.

"Jaehyun.." I quietly said, getting his attention.

He immediately spun around to face me. His eyes widened at the sound of his name coming from my mouth.

"Hm?" He asked, patiently waiting.

"You forgot to take the price tag off the box," I bluntly teased.

I watched as his face dropped into a look of shock. He shut his eyes tight, pinching the bridge of his nose. I watched as he held back a laugh and let a small chuckle escape his lips.

"I'm sorry about that," he said, slightly embarrassed.

I let out a small giggle before regaining my calm composure.

"And thank you for the necklace," I said, looking up at him with a small smile.

This man, this cocky, confident, extremely attractive man, blushed in response to my words and smile. How interesting. He cleared this throat and nodded before returning to his desk. I laughed to myself, going unnoticed by Jaehyun.

He's cuter than I thought.

A/N: PLEASE READ!! Sorry for such a short chapter, buttttt, I wanted to thank everyone who enjoys this story for reading it so far. I appreciate not only the votes and comments, but those of you who've patiently read through the story. I know the build up is/was slow, but I truly appreciate your patience. Also, regarding my other Jaehyun FF, "The Boy in the Bookstore," it'll be on pause for a short while until I can get back on track with the storyline. Thank you all again, much love~ <3