Chapter 32: Cookies

Y/N POV

I watched as a small smile formed on his face. Ah, he can feel me staring at him.

"Are you-"

"Yes, I am enjoying the lovely view, thank you," I answered before he could finish.

He laughed in response. Once he finished cooking, the two of us enjoyed the large yet simple meal he ever so carefully crafted. After about an hour or so of eating, talking, and laughing, the two of us agreed cookies would be a good dessert.

——————

"Come help me mix this, my arm is getting tired," I complained.

Jaehyun sat up from the table and came around me to mix the cookie batter. I moved away from the bowl, standing beside him. I reached for the bag of chocolate chips, snacking on them as I waited for him to finish.

"Want the spatula?" He asked.

"There will never be a day I say no to that question," I said jokingly.

He laughed at my response.

——————

"Hey!" I shouted.

As we were placing the small dough balls on the cookie tray, Jaehyun thought it would be a good idea to wipe some on my face. So, what did I do? The exact same. The two of us burst out in laughter at our childish behavior.

After some time, the cookies were finally done. He stood behind me while I carefully pulled the tray out from the oven with the mit. We waited for them to cool off before placing them on a plate and taking them to the living room. I sat happily, turning on the TV to start a movie.

Was I always this happy? A part of me thought as though I was forgetting something, but the feeling soon faded away.

Jaehyun glanced at the window in the kitchen. His eyes focused on the pouring rain outside as time went by.

"If you're not comfortable with it, I'll see if I can have someone pick me up right away," he began, "but would you mind if I stayed the night? Or at least until the rain stops?" He quietly asked, facing me.

I thought for a moment, expressionless.

"Mm," I nodded. "I have a guest room, so it wouldn't be much trouble if you chose to stay," I stated.

He nodded and smiled, sitting beside me on the couch.

——————

Jaehyun POV

Hours had gone by since we first sat down to watch the movie. We were already on our third one. The plate of cookies that was once plentiful was now left spotless. I smiled at the thought of the small memory. I could feel myself growing tired as the minutes passed.

I don't know how or when, but somehow, Y/N and I had gotten closer in the few hours we sat here. Physically closer. I slowly looked down beside me to find her head resting on my shoulder as she slept soundlessly.

I faintly smiled at the sight of her. She's beautiful even when she sleeps. I carefully got up, gently resting her head against the couch. I picked her up, careful not to wake her, and quietly carried her up the stairs into what I assumed was her bedroom. I gently placed her on the bed, tucking her underneath the large warm sheets. She turned a bit, getting comfortable, but remained sound asleep.

"Goodnight, Y/N," I said softly before gently kissing her head.

I quietly closed the door behind me as I exited the room. When I got to the bottom of the steps, I looked out the window. Ah, the rain stopped. I called for my friend, Johnny, to come pick me up.

Johnny worked in our company within the marketing department. He's one of my closest friends, and one of the few of us that is fluent in english.

After an hour of waiting, he finally arrived. I left a small note on the counter for Y/N to see in the morning when she wakes up. As I left, I quietly locked and closed the front door behind me.

'Thank you for the clothes, see you soon, beautiful.'

A/N: PLEASE READ!! <3