Chapter 39: Alliance

Y/N POV

"It's very nice to formally meet you all," I finally said.

"The pleasure is ours," Jeno answered.

Upon looking his way, he flashed a sweet smile. 'What a cute eye smile,' I thought to myself. Jaehyun must've noticed me admiring Jeno because he soon pulled out a chair to sit down as loud as possible. Doyoung gave him an odd look of disgust while the others furrowed their brows at his actions. I, on the other hand, held back a small laugh.

He happily sat down near me, flashing his dimples.

"So what does Ms. Kang have to do with the stock party?" Johnny asked.

I quietly sat with my chin resting in my palm as I watched Jaehyun confidently talk about the stock party, Jaeho, and our plan to interrogate L Corp staff for the investigation. He's quite attractive when he's serious.

"Ms. Kang?" Jaehyun asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

"So what is your role in all of this?" Mark asked.

"Ah, I'm his date," I replied, unfazed.

I watched Jaehyun's eyes widen as he nudged my ankle from underneath the table. His face was slightly flushed, and everyone looked surprised by my answer.

"But of course," I sighed, continuing my statement, "I'll actually be the one to speak to Director Lam."

"Are you sure that's really a good idea?" Jungwoo asked. "With him being your ex..?" he trailed off.

Yuta nudged Jungwoo with his arm, signaling his question was slightly rude.

"I'm very sure, Mr. Kim," I said, my face regaining a more serious composure. "I've thoroughly thought this through. I don't doubt you're all talented when it comes to communicating with people, but Director Lam is a special case. I'm confident in my abilities to get information from him, and even if I can't, we have a backup plan to track his whereabouts if necessary," I finished.

"You do?" Taeyong asked.

I thought it over while making my statement.

"So, so," I responded.

"So,so?" Lucas echoed.

"Mm," I paused, laughing to myself. "It's maybe a bit illegal? In terms of working with me, it'll be classified as legal."

I looked up as each of the men in the room stared me down, confused and skeptical looks on each of their faces.

"You think I haven't observed you all?" I chuckled. "This wasn't on purpose, it wasn't necessarily my motive," I paused. "Mr. Moon, Mr. Kim Jungwoo, Mr. Lee Mark, Mr. Dong, and Mr. Huang all work for the company as a cover, and the rest of you work within the mafia, am I correct?"

The second the words exited my mouth, Lucas, Jaemin, and Jisung aimed their guns at me.

"Ah, so you did come armed?" I asked, a small grin on my face.

"How did you-" Jaehyun began to ask.

"The night of the shootout. There's no way the police department knew at the time of your arrival. I didn't call the PD until after I got there, so it would've taken them 30 minutes to arrive, whereas it only took you 10. Also, this entire meeting gave away who I originally suspected. I noticed that few of you were armed, but I wasn't sure if all of you were. I also have no doubt you know exactly who I am," I confidently stated.

"We do," Taeyong spoke up, motioning for the three men to put their guns down. "It took time, but this verified my suspicion. Jaehyun, I'm sure you knew before I did," Taeyong suggested, looking at Jaehyun for an answer.

Jaehyun lowered his head a bit, looking uncomfortable.

"Please, he found her attractive from the moment he saw her, that's why he didn't say anything," Yuta blurted.

"I-"

"I like her. Whatever she has to say, I'm down," Ten stated, cutting off Jaehyun.

I watched as Taeyong's eyes traveled around the room, examining everyone's expressions. Some were nervous, some skeptical, and others were like Ten's: confident and trusting.

"Before you make any decisions, let me say this," I started, breaking the moment of silence. "Yes, my second name is Angel. No, I will not hold your side identities above your heads as blackmail, I have my own things to worry about. Yes, my intentions of working for you to help with the investigation were true, finding out who was in your mafia group came as a coincidence."

I took a minute to think over my words.

"Oh! And one more thing," I said before pausing.

"I want an alliance."