Chapter 20: Movie

Y/N POV

The second I got downstairs, I felt an unexpected pull and was suddenly wrapped tightly in someone's arms. Alarmed, I tried to push the large body away, trying to figure out who it was.

"Who-" I said irritated.

"Don't move," the deep voice said, cutting me off. "Just stay like this for a minute."

I cautiously listened to the voice, taking a minute to relax and try to figure out who it was. I quietly stood, engulfed by a familiar and comforting cologne. Ah, I know who it is now.

"Wonwoo..?" I quietly asked.

He didn't say a word, but instead, tightened his hold on me. I finally lifted my arms to hug him back.

"What's wrong?" I softly asked.

"I heard about the shootout," he said, loosening his grip and pulling me away.

Realizing he probably had a lot to say, I gestured for everyone to leave the room. They all quietly left, leaving the two of us alone to speak in peace.

"Just minutes after you promised to stay safe, some assholes go and shoot up your home!" He slightly raised his tone as he continued to rant. "You could've died! I would've been clueless, or even worse, helpless."

He quieted down on the last few words, letting them sink in. I watched as his expression dropped again, not angry, nor disappointed like I thought. He was sad and worried.

"Hey.." I softly said, trying to get his attention.

He kept his eyes away from mine as if he was focused on something else, but I knew he was listening to my every word.

"I'm safe aren't I? You know better than anyone I'm not helpless. We've been through things like this before, what's so different this time-" I was cut off by him scoffing at my words.

I looked at him, confused and slightly frustrated. He ran his fingers through his hair, letting it effortlessly fall back down perfectly into place.

"You wouldn't understand," he mumbled.

"Hm?" I asked, not quite catching what he said.

He shook his head, "It's nothing. Sorry for scoffing, it wasn't necessarily directed at you."

"Then who?" I questioned.

He gave me a blank stare, oblivious to what I meant.

"Who was it directed at?" I asked, slightly frustrated.

"No one, I was just thinking as you were talking and it came out," he said, looking away from me.

He knows I hate it when I don't know or don't understand something. I hate secrets.

"I'll let it go, for now," I said heaving a sigh. "Only because I feel bad for making you worry, but I expect a clear answer in the near future," I finished. I began walking past him, entering the living room.

"Y/N, wait," he softly pleaded, taking a few steps toward me.

I turned to face him, not moving forward or saying a word. I watched his movements, trying to predict his motives. He stood in front of me, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I just..." be paused, "I'm glad you're okay," he finished finally looking at me. "If something had happened to you, I don't know what I would've-"

He quietly looked down at me, slightly stunned. I had wrapped my arms around him and was hugging him tight. He returned the hug, waiting for me to speak.

"Nothing is ever going to happen to me, love. I'm stronger than that and you know it," I said, pulling away from him.

I cocked my head to the side, smiling. His stunned stare broke into a smile at the sight of me smiling.

"I guess you're right," he said, nodding slowly.

I held my large smile, taking his hand and guiding him further into the living room.

"What are we-"

"Now, what movie do you wanna watch? I'm on 'house arrest' since the boys won't let me leave due to my feet injuries, and you're the perfect movie partner," I stated, turning on the large TV.

"Oh," he replied, looking away from me.

"Oh?' That's it? What were you thinking, love? Did you wanna make a movie instead-" I teased him, watching as his face turned darker shades of pink.

"No! No, I mean, no," he exclaimed, trying to calm his tone. "A movie is fine," he said, taking the remote.

His face remained flushed and I smiled at my mini accomplishment as I watched him choose a movie for the two of us to enjoy. Eventually, dinner time came around. Daisuke woke up to the smell of his favorite food and the rest of the boys followed. Little did any of them realize, this would be one of the last days spent before I leave.

I'll enjoy this for the time being, even if I don't deserve to.

A/N: I love a twisted romance, don't you? ;)