Chapter 66: Please Stay

Y/N POV

"... Y/N?"

Daisuke and Luka let me through the door, allowing me to step inside. Once I entered, my eyes immediately locked with Tony's. I felt a wave of relief wash over me, causing my stern stare to turn to a soft and relieved smile.

He's alive... he's okay.

I glanced at the small boy at his side, immediately recognizing Seo-woo.

I slowly approached his bedside, maintaining eye contact as I walked. Tony broke eye contact when he glanced at Daisuke and Luka, asking for them to leave for a moment with a simple look. Daisuke came to pick up Seo-woo, who was tightly holding onto my index finger after I reached out to him. He pouted, tears welling up in his eyes as my finger slipped from his grasp.

"Aunt Angel will come see you in a minute, love," I said softly to the teary-eyed boy.

A small laugh escaped his little lips as a bright smile appeared on his face. Daisuke lightly spoke to him as he walked out of the hospital room, closing the door behind him.

Just as I was about to face Tony, he pulled my arm forward, pulling my body close to his. He clasped his large arms around my lower back, softly leaning the side of his face into my stomach. I faintly smiled, placing a hand on his back, and the other on the top of his head. I gently combed my fingers through his hair, feeling his grip on my figure tighten. I felt my smile fade once I realized I had to soon tell him the truth.

"I can't stay," I said softly, my words coming out as a mere whisper.

Tony remained quiet, not letting go of my torso.

"I know," he mumbled.

'I know.' Those two words stung me. I had a feeling he'd already accepted this reality, but deep down I hoped he wouldn't have. I'd hoped it would've come as a surprise and the sadness would soon fade after I went back, but knowing he's still currently suffering the pain of losing me, right after getting to see me again, killed me. Even as I stood before him, I could still feel the pain of his hurt, knowing he would've been better not seeing me at all until they found me.

"Please," he quietly said, breaking the silence,

"Just stay like this for a while."

A/N: Sorry for not updating yesterday. I've had a rough time lately, so I'm thinking I might take small breaks here and there so I'm able to think better and write better chapters for you all. Much love~ ♥︎