Chapter 19: Sleep

Y/N POV

"You're what..?" Daisuke quietly said, his eyes slowly moving towards mine.

"It's what's best for all of us... I shouldn't be there for any longer than a few months-" I said softly, trying to comfort him before being cut off.

"Best for us" he said quietly, but sharply. "Not best for you."

I knew my words would hurt him just as deeply as everyone else. He heaved a deep sigh, and I watched as his eyes shut tight, trying to hide the fact they were tearing up. I slowly approached his bedside in his room in the new mansion. The door was shut, but I could hear the hushed voices not far behind it, probably Luka trying to comfort Ace. I sat down beside him, and pulled him close into my arms. He buried his face in my collarbone, wrapping his arms tightly around me. I kept one arm wrapped around him and the other on his head, gently stroking his hair. His soft sobs broke my heart into a thousand pieces.

"I'll promise you, just as I've promised everyone else," I started. "I'll return home safe and sound. If I break that promise," I paused, thinking of something to cheer him up. "If I come back with so much as a bruise, I'll buy you bbq any day you want for a year."

I looked down at him, smiling faintly. He pulled away from me, letting out a light laugh. He wiped the tears off his face, and I used my thumbs to wipe any he missed. He nodded and shoo'd me off the bed to lift up the covers, inviting me to lie down beside him. I got comfortable and lied beside him, my right arm resting underneath his head. I continued to stroke his hair with my right hand while he laid beside me, hugging my body. I kept my left arm wrapped around him, holding him tight.

I knew he needed this comfort. He didn't cuddle me like a lover would, of course not, but like a child holding onto his mother. Afraid to let go, he clung onto me and found comfort in the warmth of this small moment.

Before I knew it, he'd fallen asleep in my arms. Luka quietly crept inside, peeking his head through the door. He held in a laugh at the sight of a baby-ish Daisuke. He exited the room to release his unstoppable laughter. Moments later, Tony and Ace too, peeked inside and both smiled at the sight.

Tony helped me out of the bed, each of us careful not to wake Daisuke. A smile grew on my face at the sight of him. He is like a kid. I quietly closed the door behind me, letting sleep take him to a world without worry.

I'll keep my promise.

A/N: I hope you like the double update! The next chapter is kinda cute, I think my fellow multis might enjoy it. More Jaehyun interactions coming soon!! <3