𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈: Chapter 51

Start from the beginning

Y/n was hesitant at first, but as she looked into his eyes, she felt a sort of calmness and sincerity in him. He didn't seem angry or cold, making her slowly calm down and finally gave in, nodding her head in agreement.

Jungkook slowly had let her go, and she immediately tried to catch her breath as she fully turned to face him. He heaved a sigh, feeling relieved that y/n had stayed quiet and obeyed him.

"Jungkook, I don't know if this is a good idea..." she suddenly stopped as pain seared through her heart to see Jungkook's gloomy depressed eyes. A sigh slipped out of her lips as she glanced at him with sympathy in her voice, "What is it that you gotta say, Jungkook?"

Jungkook was silent at first, taking a full look of her. His heart suddenly became even heavier than it was, seeing her in her wedding dress and killed him more to realize it wasn't going to be with him. He had always hoped that one day he would see her again in a wedding dress, and have a real wedding. But he knew that it was far from ever happening now.

Y/n stared at him blankly, waiting for him to speak and soon enough he broke his gaze from her and pulled her towards the sofa. He sat right across her with their knees almost touching, and immediately took a couple deep breaths to prepare for what he was going to do.

"I'll try to make this quick, y/n. I..." he abruptly stopped as the gloomy emotions were starting to take over his body. "I wouldn't want you to miss your own wedding." He managed to steady his voice, but his expression was etched in sadness. "Aera and I aren't together anymore."

Y/n froze and glanced at him with wide eyes from shock and confusion. "W-What do you mean?"

"I got our marriage annulled," he simply said. Although deep down he wanted to explain why he even married her in the first place but he doesn't see a point. He had grown tired of everything that had happened and wanted y/n to have her peace, especially now that he finally had somewhat taken care of the problem.

"B-but..." y/n was lost of words, not knowing what to believe. "She's pregnant...with your baby, Jungkook."

"No, she wasn't pregnant," he informed her, feeling like a small piece of the weight he been carrying has lifted off his shoulders. "She faked her pregnancy and worked with the doctors and fabricated the results to show that it was mine but it wasn't. She went to the extend to also pay off the many doctors that I had personally reached out to confirm if the baby was really mine and they all given me the results that it was. Only to find out that it was completely not true but fake," his voice suddenly grew harsh, "and she's not even pregnant."

Jungkook paused for a moment, as she realized y/n was looking bewildered with her eyes wide and body frozen unable to react.

"Look y/n," he sighed with his voice calm but stern. "From now on don't ever talk to her again or believe any shit she says. She's not what you think she is or who she projects herself to be—" he stopped again, knowing he had no time or waste this moment with y/n talking about Aera. He does not want her knowing what he had done, as he does not want her to worry about him but wanted her to finally live her life and move on.

He sighed again in distress, feeling conflicted of telling her the full truth, wishing he had more time with her.

"W-hat..." y/n muttered, feeling overwhelmed, betrayed, and devastated, unable to even think or move.

"That's the truth y/n," Jungkook assured her.

She remained speechless, but internally her mind and heart were churning forcefully from what was revealed and all while still fighting those thoughts and emotions that she was trying hard to get rid off prior to the wedding ceremony.