Backfired

Chapter 72: Backfired
_____________________________________________

"Liza? What are you-"

"Just pretend I'm not here!" With great speed, I slid around my father's massive figure and climbed onto his foot, clinging onto it like my life depended on it.

It probably did.

I could feel his eyes on me as I cautiously peered around his leg repeatedly in case a certain soon to be annoyed medic decided to appear.

"What are you doing, Liza?"

"Trying to live!" The angered curses got louder and louder with each heavy stomp. "Just walk forward and pretend I'm not even here!"

I looked up, noticing the frown pulling down on his lips. "Liza, I don't think you're safe with you so close to-"

"I'll be fine." I clung to his foot tighter.

"No," He shook his head. "I refuse to put you towards any sort of danger."

At least not when I'm in this form.

"Fine. I reached up, signaling for him to lift me. "If it makes you feel better then just carry me"

With extreme care, he lowered his hand for me making sure I was secure before raising me to his shoulder.

"Ok just continue forward like nothing ever happened," I said softly once I settled near the plating of his neck.

Confusion settled over him, but he complied. "May I why am I doing this?"

"Because," I glanced behind us to make sure we weren't being followed. Or I wasn't spotted. "My life might be in danger."

He chuckled softly. "And why is that?"

"It's what I get for getting involved with those idiotic twins. They're gonna get me in trouble!"

"What did you do, Liza?" He asked with suspicion sneaking into his voice.

"Well...I might have or might've not agreed to paint Ratchet's wrenches."

A girlish unmechly scream sounded throughout the hallways followed by more heavy curses and metal making contact with metal.

"Oh good Primus," My father pinched the bridge of his nose as a heavy sigh slipped past his lips. "When will those two ever learn?"

"I asked myself the same question when I agreed to play a game with them."

"What did they do this time?" He asked as he turned on his heel and switched directions.

"H-Hey what are you doing! Wrong-way! Those two could rat me out if they're given the chance! They locked Jolt in a room with Skids and Mudflap and plan on throwing Bee in there with them! But I didn't do anything I swear-I mean I didn't help them or take part in it. Well, I kinda did but I didn't. I was just there when it happened."

"Liza-"

"You're walking? You're still walking in the wrong direction. You're headed towards the trouble, dad. That's bad. If they see me, they'll turn the victims against me even though I didn't do much. Don't do this. You're my last hope."

"....."

When silence took place after, I concluded that the great Optimus Prime was ignoring me.

Not in a rude way, but...out of character.

"Dad," I tapped the side of his face. "You're ignoring me."

He made a sound of acknowledgment as he turned a corner, heading in the direction of the loud voices.