Worry

Chapter 26: Worry

"Bee can you actually believe that Sam won't help us?"

After Sam and dad talked, we took him back to his college and headed back to base, not far behind our dad who decided to get a head start while we were dropping off Sam on campus.

And guess what I didn't have to hide anymore.

::Disappointed.::

"He's been with alien robots from Cybertron since he was 14. Then all of a sudden he wants to have a normal life once college starts. It's like he doesn't want to have any contact with the 'bots or N.E.S.T anymore. Plus this guy Galloway is trying to convince the President to kick you guys off the planet. You guys done so much for this planet, rarely asking for anything in return and this how you get treated. What is with these humans? I don't understand them. They're just greedy little beings who see good people as an opportunity to use them for their own needs. They'll do stupid things for their own entertainment and don't care how others feel. They're just irritating little...things!" I vented angrily. My teeth were clenched, my hands were in tight fists, my foot was tapping angrily on the floor, I was furious. I was beyond. I couldn't stand it. It was too much, I....

::Calm down.:: I felt a gentle hand placed upon mine. I looked over and noticed Bee's holoform. His attention was on the road, but I could make out the small traces of worry on his face. ::Shhh.:: I was then pulled in a side hug. "Bee." I murmured softly.

::Deep breaths.::

"Bumblebee." I gently tried to push him away, but he refused to let go. ::Do...it.::

I hesitated for a small moment, but did so. I took a deep breath, but didn't release it instantly. Once I did, I felt a large amount of anger leave me. I did it a few more times until Bee was sure I was calm. We sat there in awkward silence until I felt myself being lifted up and pulled to the driver seat, on Bee's leg. "Bee you're driving, I shouldn't -"
::Talk to me baby.::

"Bee I can't you-" I tried to protest, but a reassuring squeeze of my hand told me I should. I sighed, allowing myself to be pulled into his chest, as my legs crossed over his, feet dangling over the seat.

"I'm worried." Bee kept his eyes on the road, but wrapped his arm around me, gently squeezing my shoulder to let me know he's listening. "I don't like the way you're getting treated. I don't like how the entire Autobot army is being treated. This Galloway guy wants you guys off the planet. And one word from him.....it can take only one man to start an argument between the government and N.E.S.T. I don't want you guys to leave. If you leave, I have to stay here on this world, because they think I'm human. I want to help, but I can't. It's because they see me as a stupid child."

I felt lips place a soft kiss on the crown of my head.

"Liza."

I looked around, searching for the source that called my name. It didn't sound like it came from Bee's radio. It sounded like a real person. Like someone was in the car with us. The voice sounded scratchy and rough and was barely above a whisper. I looked up at Bee and saw he was grabbing his throat in pain. I looked at him with worry. "Bee are you-" ::I'm fine.::

"What happened?"

::Nothing dude....don't worry about it mate....just keep moving along people nothing to see here.::

He removed his hand, revealing a long scar across his throat to me. I saw this scar before. It's similar to his true form.

::Liza.::I heard Ironhide's voice call from the radio. ::You...shouldn't be...worrying about things...like this. You're still...a little bitty teeny tiny oh sweet girl...oh precious...you shouldn't be...stressed out...at this age young lady. We're gonna do whatever we can...to make it like it was.::

I kept quiet, letting his words soak in.

Maybe he's right.

::Hey....promise me something.::

"M'kay."

::Promise me....you won't worry.::

That's so hard with the situation that's going on now. No fair! Ok fine. I'll try.

"I promise to....try." I said quietly.

::Attagirl.::

His holoform cracked a smile and kissed my head once again. I buried my head into his chest, my fingers hovering over the scar on his neck.

I smiled, hearing Fly Me To Moon by Frank Sinatra playing quietly on the radio. This was one of the few of my favorite songs. I was most interested in what the humans call "Old School" music.

:: Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like on
A-Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song and let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you
Fill my heart with song
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for, all I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words
In other words
I love you::

-Song belongs the Frank Sinatra

Happy Thanksgiving!🍁🦃