Rescue

Chapter 77: Rescue
_____________________________________________

"Alright Optimus, he wants ya to go right."

This was genius! This has to work! This is going to work!

Lennox struggled to stay on his feet once he felt the terrain suddenly change and the metal rock slightly.

"Geez..." He mumbled as he kept his eyes trained on the Cyberdog in front of him

They were gonna get her back! They had to get her back! This took hours of planning and arrangement for this to work. All this wasn't done to come to waste.

The army man quickly activated his comm link once Boomer switched his position again.

"Optimus, make another right."

"Motherf-" The container shifted and rocked violently, causing the two men to tumble about in the trailer until it settled back onto a flat terrain.

Epps huffed and pulled himself to his feet with the help of his best friend. "A warning would be nice before he start climbing up mountains."

"Hey this is his daughter we're talking about. Don't expect him to be calm about it."

"Keep this up and we'll dead before we get there."

Lennox rolled his eyes and activated the communicator again. "No, we're fine, Optimus. We can handle a bumpy ride. Negative, he has not switched positions yet."

Boomer was their only hope of saving Liza, but they couldn't allow him to roam about in plain sight, So with a few genius minds, they formed the perfect plan!

Fortunately, Boomer wasn't too big to not fit in a trailer that Optimus was able to carry. However, Optimus wouldn't be able to see Boomer from within the large container and since the humans didn't have the lifespan or the time to teach a dog how to speak English...well lets just say Epps and Lennox worked as translators, Boomer as navigator and Optimus as the driver.

The bots were in formation. Jazz and Jolt were meant to go along with Boomer and search for Liza while the others are meant to distract the Cons until she was safely from within the hands of the Decepticons. Then she was to be taken to pick up where Ratchet was awaiting for his patient and ready to be escorted back to base with air support.

It was all playing out nicely.

"Keep straight ahead, Optimus."

"You think they got far?"

Lennox cut off the communicator and glanced at his friend. "The Cons? Don't know. We would've caught them on our radar by now if they were still in the air."

"Well they couldn't have gotten too far, they could still be in the area. Maybe they hiding somewhere in plain sight where they'll least expect us to look."

"That could be it." He shrugged. "Who knows they could've taken her anywhere, but unfortunately for them, we don't have to go search the entire the globe cause we got him." The man patted Boomer's leg and quickly settled back when the dog began to shift and switch his position.

"Left, Optimus."

Epps steadied himself when the trailer made the directed turn and shifted the rifle that was strapped to his side with a sigh. "I hope she's okay."

Lennox clapped his shoulder. "Me too buddy."
_______________________________________________

⚠️ Warning ⚠️

Brutal whipping ahead

~~~

Blood slowly trickled down my face and slipped past my lips, filling my mouth with a thick iron taste. Heavy short pants dried my mouth as I pulled myself across the ground as an attempt to escape the merciless assault.