A Promise

Chapter 99: A Promise
________________________________________________

"YOU COWARD! GET BACK HERE, YOU TRAITOROUS PIECE OF SLAG! I WILL SMELT YOU ALIVE AND I GUARANTEE YOU, THERE WILL NOT BE A SPECK OF YOU WHEN I'M DONE! I HOPE YOU ROT IN THE GATES OF PIT WHERE YOU BELONG!"

"IronHide!"

"WHERE IS SHE?"

"Hide you gotta-"

"WHERE THE FRAG IS SHE WILLIAM!"

"H-H-Hide?" I groaned as his angry stomps shook the ground beneath us, causing me to shift uncomfortably against the hard concrete.

IronHide stepped into my view with an angry glare. "You're a fragging idiot!"

I managed a weak smile. "A-At least y-you're okay, Hide."

"BUT YOU'RE NOT!" He roared. "Don't you ever in your fragging life do that again! Do you understand me? Don't do it again!" I reached a hand towards him, ignoring the burst of pain that shot through me.

"I-I love you too Hide!"

There was no response from him afterwards. He just pressed two fingers to his ear as he gently took my hand in his and shooed away any curious humans who tried to get too close.

"Liz!" I heard Sam's voice call from a short distance as he ran over, panting heavily. "You okay? You're good right?"

Just peachy.

I heard him gasp. "W-Why is her arm rusting?"

"Rusting?" My head snapped over to my shoulder to stare at the rust that was slowly crawling across my metal. "Hide?"

Primus!

I began hyperventilating. "Hide!"

IronHide growled and urged him back. "Look what you did, human!"

"Where's Ratchet?" Sam demanded, pushing against Hide's hand.

"He's on his way!" The Weapon Specialist answered, his optics trained on me. "Liza, calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I tried to sit up, my eyes still trained on my rusting arm. "I'm rusting! I'm gonna die!"

"You're not-"

"Hide, it hurts!"

The bot scowled and roughly grabbed my jaw with his large servos, forcing me to look at him. "Liza! Look at me and breath!" His fingers drummed on the side of my face when my gaze drifted back to the wound.

"Hide-"

"Do it now!"

"But I-ouch!" My servo hovered over my wound as I rose slightly when I heard barking and loud footsteps in the distance. "Boomer?"

I tried to push myself up only to be pushed back down by IronHide. "Stay still, youngling. Wait till Ratch or First Aid gets here."

"But Boomer-"

"Liza, listen to him and just stay down until Ratchet gets here!" As the barking and footsteps got closer, Sam peered around the wall and quickly distanced himself as the green mech rounded around the corner, followed by Boomer. "Look here he is!"

Ratchet quickly kneeled by me and began running multiple scans. "What the frag happened?! Primus she's rusting!"

"That fragging coward betrayed us!"

I tried to sit up again. "Sentinel?! He shot Liza?!" I winced when I was pushed back down.

"Stay down." Ratchet murmured