7: Known

Chapter 7: Known
_______________________________________________

"Please sit here."

"K." Liza chirped happily as she was placed on the large medical berth. She watched quietly as Ratchet turned and began gathering equipment.

She could feel the stern gaze of Optimus Prime burning a hole in the back of her head, but she chose to ignore it as she allowed her eyes to roam across the large MedBay.

Enormous medical berths lined the walls accompanied by stands covered with equipment and tools. The room was tidy, clean, and smelled heavily sanitized. It wasn't a bothersome smell but it was quite refreshing. The lights, however, were awfully bright! Liza did her best to keep from looking up and avoid being blinded.

Liza wondered if this specific environment applied to all the rooms in the N.E.S.T or just this area.

"Alright," Ratchet turned back around and carefully eyed her small form up and down.

Liza shivered slightly when a tingly sensation crossed her body as he narrowed his optics. She felt as if she was scanned by something.

"Sit up for me, please."

Liza did as she was told and refrained from flinching away from Ratchet as he reached out toward her.

"Would you mind raising your shirt for me?"

Liza gave him an unsure look.

"Please," He pleaded in a gentle tone. "I must have a thorough inspection so I can fix your injuries."

She shifted uncomfortably before gripping onto the edges of her ragged shirt and lifting it to reveal her pale stomach.

Ratchet's optics widened slightly as he inspected the damage. "Who done this to you?"

Liza grimaced slightly when his metal fingers lightly skimmed across her bruised side. "M-My parents did."

"Your parents?" Ratchet repeated in an incredulous tone.

She nodded before turning to face Optimus as he approached them with heavy footsteps. "Your creators-parents caused physical harm to you?"

Feeling intimidated by the towering mechs, she shrunk back slightly as she nodded once again. "Y-Yea."

Optimus took a step back once he noticed his stern demeanor was scaring the small girl. "Have you been under abuse before? How often does this occur?"

She shrugged, glancing at him for a brief moment. "I-I don't know. T-They've been doing it for a while."

"Have you tried seeking help?"

"Well not really," She replied, eyeing Ratchet suspiciously as he moved behind the medical berth. "If we tried to run, they would catch us. They really wouldn't let us go out of the house unless they were punishing us. W-We got used to it."

"We?" Optimus questioned.

"Yeah, my sister and I. She-um..." The girl paused mid-sentence once, remembering her sister's cruel death. She bit her lip nervously as tears began to fill her eyes.

Sensing her discomfort and grief, Optimus quickly intervened. "You do not have to continue, Liza."

She raised a hand to wipe away her tears. "Yeah, but she-hey!" Liza flinched when she felt a warm touch against her bare back.

"By Primus!"

She kept still as the Prime peered around her to have a look. "What's wrong?" I questioned, confused.