Nightly Talks

Chapter 22: Nightly Talks

After eating dinner, talking, and joking around we all decided to head out to bed. Sam said his good nights and went upstairs to his room, Judy and Ron headed to their room after saying goodnight. I stayed up for a bit watching human cartoons, before going to bed in the guest room upstairs. Sam loaned me a shirt to use for the night, so it wasn't hard for me to get settled into the soft mattress of the Queen size bed. I was all set. But there was just one problem.

I couldn't sleep.

And I'm sure you can guess why.

The Vision. It's not a dream that's for sure. I know a dream doesn't repeat itself. I've been having it for the past week now and it's the reason why I've been having trouble sleeping on some nights. I actually haven't slept in two days. Ratchet noticed my lack of sleep and he began to get worried. He'd ask me about it, but I refused to tell him. He gave me multiple check-ups, thinking I've come down with some type of sickness. Once he realized I was fine, he would question me if I was being bothered by something or someone. I told him to not worry about it and eventually he left me alone about it, but I know he's still worried.

I shifted uncontrollably on the bed, trying to find a comfortable position, but failed. I flipped myself onto my back with a irritated huff and just stared at celling.

What's wrong with me?

Am I going crazy?

I don't know. I can't just run up to someone and tell them I'm having a crazy vision about my dad being killed.

Then people would really think I'm crazy if I did that.

With a soft sight I slid out of the bed and headed out the door. I walked down the stairs, listening to patter of my feet on the smooth wood as they made soft creaks beneath me. After making it to the bottom of the stairs, sneaking through the kitchen, and the dining room, I made it to the back door. Quickly, but quietly I slipped outside, closing the door behind me, trying my best to not make any noise.

I glanced towards the driveway, surprised that Bee wasn't there. Usually Bee would stay here on the lookout, or be taking light nap with his scanners on high alert.

Maybe he went on a drive or something. I know he didn't go too far. He could be in the front.

Once I stepped I was immediately hit with the Autumn wind. The crisp cool wind bit at my bare legs as I stepped out onto the path. I hugged myself and shivered a bit from not wearing the proper clothing for this weather.

I mean I only had a shirt and a pair of shorts on.

I didn't let it bother me too much though. I looked down the long driveway to see Bee wasn't in the front either.

Well he's gone somewhere.

I scanned the area for any humans or watching eyes, before maximizing and climbing on top of the large roof and minimizing. I sat a few feet from the edge as I gazed up at the bright beautiful full moon. I stared at the moon as it was staring back at me, while listening to the cricket chirp their song in the night; watching the stars twinkle in the dark sky.

This relaxed me. I could clear my mind of all things and just relax without being bothered as the quiet sounds of the night filled my ears.

After sitting there for 30 minutes, there was a soft roar of an engine approaching the house. I ignored it, knowing who it was. I continued to look at the sky, pretending like I didn't notice the Chevrolet Camaro pull into the backyard driveway. I didn't bother trying to hide. I knew he noticed me up here. He transformed and gave me a questioning look on why I was up here. I didn't bother or explaining myself. If I told him why, he would think I was crazy.

::Shouldn't you be in bed darling?:: A sweet voice asked.

"I couldn't sleep."

I glanced at him for a brief moment, before turning away from him. He walked over, making sure to be light on his feet, so he wouldn't ruin the lawn or path under his weight. He stood at the edge, confused at my behavior.

::...What's...wrong? Awwww my poor baby Pooh... what's the matter?::

"It's nothing Bee." I answered.

::Why are...you..up here?::

"I wanted to get some fresh air and watch the stars."

He watched me closely, not entirely certain with my answer.

::That's...not true! What's the matter?::

"I'm fine."

::Liar Liar pants on fire.....Tell meeeeeee.::

I released a tiresome sigh. I tried to avoid this conversation, but failed obviously. I really didn't like talking about this.

I felt a surprisingly warm metal hand gently wrap around me, keeping me warm.

"Bee." I said softly, looking up at his bright baby blue optics.

::Talk to me baby girl! Come on....over and....tell your pop pop what's wrong.::

I released another sigh, preparing to embarrass myself in front of my brother. Time to explain my stupid vision again.

"I'll tell you, but promise you won't make fun of me."

::...I swear to....the freakin...bottom...of my heart! Now...Tell my why!::

I hesitated for a moment, before telling the full story. I told him everything. From when my vision started, how Hide reacted, me having constant nightmares all the way to this point. His whole expression remained firm and he showed no humor towards my story. I thought he would just tell me that it was simply a dream or my imagination, but instead my response was:

::I believe you hon.::

"W-What? Did I hear you right?" I looked at him confused, expecting a different reaction.

::I said I believe you.::

"Bee you don't have to pretend."

::I'm not.::

"All of this sounds stupid. Why are you even believing in me?"

::Cause dude....this vision...of yours is...certainly not a.....repeating....nightmare...this could...mean something.::

"How? What could this do with anything?" I
asked.

::You....don't...know a lot about...culture and...your race. This could mean...something. Maybe another...power...that's trying to tell you something. Future Vision? I can see the futureeeee!::

"Future Vision Bee? Really?"

::You never know.::

Ha! FutureVision? I wish.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one going  crazy. 

But what if Bee's right? What if my vision is trying to warn me of something? What if my dad really died in the future?

What if?