There's More?

Chapter 87: There's More?
______________________________________________

You only have one shot at this. Don't blow it Liza.

"Hey dad." I called as I approached the large red and blue mech in the hangar. "Can I talk to you about something?"

He turned and lowered his hand. "Of course." I climbed into his awaiting palm and gripped onto his thumb to steady myself as he lifted me to his shoulder. "What is that you would like to speak about, Liza?"

"Well," I settled onto his shoulder and held onto the smoke stacks that protruded from his back. "There's this...thing that's going on."

He turned his head slightly to glance at me with a raised optic ridge. "Thing?"

"I-It's not a thing...it's more like an invitation."

"Invitation?" He questioned. "Invitation to what?"

My gaze shifted to the soldiers passing by below us. "It's not an invitation...well it kinda is an invitation but Janylaah asked and you're probably most definitely gonna say no but...dad canIpleasehaveasleepoveratNylaah'shouse?"

"Uh," A puzzled look crossed his features. "Pardon?"

I took a deep breath. "I said can I please have a sleepover over at Nylaah's house?"

"A...sleepover? I am unfamiliar with that human term."

"It has something to do with you staying at another person's house...I think."

He shifted slightly. "Tell me. What occurs at this 'sleepover'?"

I shrugged. "I don't know much about it either. I guess you do fun activities and play around at someone's house." His optics turned white for a few minutes before they returned to their natural deep blue color.

"I see...this sleepover is some sort of overnight stay at another's home."

"Yeah something like that! You could say it's something like...a playdate maybe? We just play around and have fun!"

"Hm." He softly hummed.

"So, can I go!" I asked hopefully.

He was silent for a few seconds before he replied, "This 'sleepover' requires you to leave the base."

"Well yeah-"

"And you're on punishment." He stated matter factly.

"Yeah but maybe just maybe you could...let it slide?" I squeaked.

He frowned and shook his head. "Absolutely not."

"But dad!"

"No Liza."

I whined. "Please?"

"No." My arms folded across my chest and my lip stuck out into a pout.

"Pretty please?"

He shook his head once again.

Even the puppy dog eyes weren't working!

"But please daddy I really wanna go!" I pressed my hands together into a praying motion. "This probably will be the last time I will actually be able to spend time with her before school is over in like a week and it won't be long before we're leaving for Washington! I might not ever see her again and I'm pretty sure that she's the first and last human that's my age that I will be able to understand. The rest of them are super weird." I grumbled.