It's Not My Fault!

Chapter 83: It's Not My Fault!
______________________________________________

"This is unacceptable Liza!"

"But daddy I-"

"Don't you dare interrupt me when I'm speaking to you."

I let out an irate huff and fell back into my seat while glaring at the man sitting in the driver's seat.

"This is the third time I have been called here for your physical encounters with the same human girl, am I correct?"

I couldn't do anything but turn away from him and silently nod.

"I've given you solutions of how to avoid problems such as this one yet you go out and do what I have told you not do...again." He said disappointedly.

"D-Dad..."I said through gritted teeth, ignoring the tears there were stinging the back of my eyes. "I-I'm sorry but she wouldn't leave me alone!"

"Perhaps if you would've told me, I would've handled the situation myself. Professionally." He stated in a low tone.

"But she kept insulting me and my friend and she wouldn't leave us alone!" I stomped my foot angrily, completely oblivious to the fact that I had just basically kicked my father. "This isn't fair! She's the bully! Why am I getting chewed out for it?"

"That's enough Liza."

"But this isn't-"

"I said enough!" He boomed in his authoritative voice and crossed his big arms over his chest.

My mouth opened to say something else but I immediately backed down once I realized that it would only result in me being embarrassed in a school parking lot.

"Now you listen to me. I don't know where this attitude of yours is coming from but it stops now Liza, do you understand me?"

I gave a silent nod and swiped away the few tears that began to fall.

"I want a vocal answer."

"Um...y-yes sir." Was my meek reply. "I-I'm sorry."

He shook his head and started up his engine.
"Your actions have proven otherwise."
________________________________________________

"Liza."

I ignored him and kept my eyes focused on the moving world outside the window.

"Liza." He called again, his tone much softer this time. "Please, look at me."

I refused but he continued anyway.

"I'm concerned about you. Your behavior...it's unlikely of you and it's quite bothersome if I may be honest. Is there something you wish to speak about?"

"There's nothing to talk about," I answered curtly and snatched my arm away when his holoform tried to reach for me.

He let out a sigh and tried again. "Are you sure? I am here if you want to-"

"I'm fine dad."

"Sweetspark-"

"I said there's nothing to talk about dad. Leave me alone you jerk!" I snapped and stared at the road ahead, refusing to look at him.

There was a tense silence before he responded with a surprisingly calm but stern tone. "Very well. If you wish to not speak with me that is fine. I will not force you, however just know that I have no choice but to punish you due to your actions and disrespect towards the humans at school and myself."

I crossed my arms and pouted. "Not fair."

"Perhaps if you were to speak your reasonings behind your actions maybe I would have a better understanding."