A Gift

Chapter 45: A Gift
___________________________________________

"Go!"

The Med Bay door closed shut, leaving me in the darkness on the outside. I sighed and dragged my feet on the floor through the empty hallways of the quiet base.

After a long day of preparing for the human holiday, Halloween, I started working with Ratchet on our secret projects for my dad and Hide.

Apparently, we've been working on it for hours, all the way into the night. After Ratchet realized it was close to midnight, he immediately sent me off to bed. I tried to argue with him, but he wasn't up for it.

I was a little tired, but I could last a few more minutes.

For some unknown reason, I headed outside, aware of the cameras around me that could catch me if I was not careful.

I stood by one of hangars of the base and craned my neck to look at the dark sky above.
The stillness of night catching my breath.

I always imagined the night sky as a painting.

The black background played as ink and the star were just little yellow and white dots. Just add glitter and they would twinkle. The Moon was the light that lit up the world around us. The swirls of blue and purple would catch your attention and leave you speechless. The shooting stars were a sign of hope. A wish?
Wish for one and it might come true or it's just an UFO, shooting through the galaxies among us. I've always wondered what's it like up there. To be in space. Again. I've been up there before.

Duh that's how I got to Earth.

Another question entered my mind, leaving me to wonder.

Where is Cybertron?

Hide told me it was too far for me to see with my untrained eyes and wouldn't show me until I was more familiar with the stars. It was so far, it would take years of human technology development to even get a glance of it. Over time, I learned that stars twinkle, but planets do not. They glow with a steady light that makes it appear as if it was twinkling if not observed carefully. So to find Cybertron, I would have to focus, but I would at least need the direction of where it could be. I would be lost among the hundreds of stars in the sky, if I started looking for it now

Another question came.

What was Cybertron like?

I didn't like bringing up Cybertron around the 'bots, because I was afraid I would bring up bad memories, but they told me they didn't mind.

I just think Cybertron is like Earth.

Except it's the size of Jupiter and everything on it is metal.

That's how I see it.

I closed my eyes and imagined myself as a Cybertronian. All tough, big and metal like. Energon running through my veins instead of blood.

I opened my eyes back up and got this weird familiar sensation.

My weight....I felt like I just got heavier all of a sudden. Something told me that this happened before. I don't know what it was.

I looked down at the ground and saw faint blue lights appear on the ground. Thinking it was one of the 'bots optics, I turned expecting to see one of the 'bots, but no one was there. It was just me.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. The lights followed everywhere my gaze went.

Weird.

I reached up to scratch my head in confusion, only to scratch not hair, but....metal?