Recover

Chapter 79: Recover
_____________________________________________

A soft soothing touch against my face slowly roused me from my long slumber and welcomed me back to the land of living.

I opened my eyes and came to face an all to familiar navy blue painting accompanied by red and yellow flames.

My eyes traced over the ragged edges of the colorful lines while my ears trained on the soft whirring sounds and occasional shifting against the soft metal beneath me.

It truly...relaxed me.

I remained in my lying position, completely pleased by the silenced air and the sounds of my soft breathing along with the presence of another being.

...wait

I shot up in alert. "Wha-"

"Shhh. Easy." A large metal hand cradled my head back to its previous position and somehow eased my tense state with just a caress and a few comforting words.

"It's alright sweetspark. You're safe."

I knew that voice all too well.

"Dad?" My head craned to meet those warm blue optics of Optimus Prime. Father.

A soft smile came along his lips. "Good morning, my dear."

"What...happened?"

"It appears that you have no memory of recent events."

Apparently not.

"The Decepticons!" My head whipped around in all different directions in search of anything unusual. Maybe this was a dream or hallucination and Megatron was just waiting to pull me out of it and laugh in my face.

"H-How did I get here?"

"Liza," He hooked a finger under my chin and forced to me to look into his blue optics. "We came and rescued from the hands of the Decepticons. Do you not remember?" He sounded genuinely concerned and surprised of my lack of memory.

"Not really." My brows furrowed in concentration. "I remember the Cons...Megatron and this other guy named Soundwave when they..." I wasn't able to finish after the agonizing memories began to rush in like a speeding train. Those torturous moments of me screaming and begging to those blazing red optics to stop.

I could still hear that evil cackle ringing in my ears.

"Liza." A comforting hand settled on my shoulder.

"You do not have to continue."

"But they..."I shook my head and stared at him with watery eyes. "They threw me in a cell and I don't remember anything after that."

"It is alright, sweetspark." He carefully adjusted my maximized form against his chest and cradled my head where his spark lied.

"I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize, young one."

"But I told them daddy. I told him everything." I felt the cold tears begin to trickle down my cheeks as the haunting memory of the terrible events began to edge its way into my mind. "..T-They know everything now. He knows everything. I'm sorry, but I-I couldn't just take it anymore."

"Please, do not apologize for such a thing, Liza." He scolded softly and tightened his hold around me slightly.

"It is not your fault. You had no choice."

"But now he knows that I'm your daughter! He knows all our secrets and-"

"Enough." His voice was low but firm.