Newcomers

Chapter 90: Newcomers
____________________________________________

"Please behave yourself, Liza." My father's mirthful tone sounded through the speakers.

I ceased my excited bouncing in his seat and smiled at the radio. "I'm just excited to finally see new bots. I wonder what they'll be like."

"Be patient, little one. You will meet them soon." I stared out the window as we headed closer to the landing coordinates.

"I wonder what Wheeljack is like. Are he and Ratchet alike? Does he throw wrenches too?"

"Not quite." He answered. "Though Ratchet and Wheeljack may be twins I can assure you that they are nothing alike, but they may share the same interests."

"Wait," I paused and stared at the radio in disbelief. "They're twins?"

"Yes-"

"And he didn't tell me!"

That...medic!

"I-"

"What's next? You're gonna tell me that Dino guy, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are triplets or maybe Jazz and Jolt are brothers even though they don't look or act nothing alike?"

"No-"

"Do you have some secret twin that you're not telling me about?"

"Liza please."

I shut my mouth and mumbled an apology. "Sorry."

"I understand that you are anxious to meet the new Autobots, but please remain patient Liza. You will be able to meet them personally and ask them all the questions you want."

"Really?"

"Yes." 

"But I don't think they'll like me very much by the time I get to my 3oth question."

"Oh, good Primus." He sighed with amusement clear in his voice. "You are an absolute terror."

I laughed as he came to a slow stop in a vast open field surrounded by thick trees. "But you said I can ask them as many questions as I want. You didn't exactly put a number on it."

"Indeed I did." He opened his door to let me out as the human vehicles and bots began surrounding the area and transforming.

Once I was safely on the ground and at the safe distance, my dad transformed and smiled down at me. "But I didn't exactly say we had time for you to torture a fellow Autobot and ask a million questions in one Earth minute." He playfully poked me in the stomach with a finger and ruffled my hair, ignoring my attempts to push him away.

"Ok, now you're just being dramatic. As if I could ask that many questions."

"Sir." He stopped and stood to his full height to face his SIC.

"Prowl." He acknowledged.

"The Autobots ship should be arriving here in approximately 10 Earth minutes."

Dad nodded. "Noted. Thank you Prowl."

The black and white mech gave a nod of his own and left to stand by his grinning sparkmate.

I stared up at the bright sky in hopes of seeing any unusual activity or a moving spaceship but nothing appeared in the clear skies but the hot Sun that was hung high. Not even the tiniest speck or sign of a space shuttle entering the atmosphere.

"Dad?"

He hummed in acknowledgment as he glanced down at me with his arms tucked behind him.

"If they're 10 minutes away shouldn't we see them entering the Earth's atmosphere by now?"