Imposter

Chapter 97: Imposter
________________________________________________

"Dad?" I gripped my dad's hand as he passed by.

He paused and looked down at me in concern. "Liza? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah well I...uh," I tugged on his hand. "W-Where are you going?"

He shifted before kneeling to my level. "I am going out on a drive with Sentinel to help him become familiar with Earth."

Said mech stepped around my father's large figure and stood beside him, patiently waiting with his hands folded behind his back. "Optimus." He called in his gruff voice as he stared at me. "You did not tell me that the inhabitants of this planet could...grow like that."

"Sentinel." He turned to acknowledge the newly resurrected mech. "I apologize for not introducing you two at an earlier time. This is my daughter, Liza."

"Another one I see. I had no idea you were planning on becoming a father again, Optimus." He hummed, stepping forward. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Little One. My name is Sentinel Prime."

He reached out with his large hand and I hesitantly released my dad and set my smaller ones in his. "It's nice to meet you, sir."

"You are quite large for one that looks so young. Tell me, how old are you, Little One?"

"Liza isn't exactly human." My dad spoke up.

"Oh, she is of another species?"

"Y-Yeah," I answered. "I'm not...in my regular form either. I have the ability to make myself bigger or smaller."

"Well," An impressed look crossed his features. "You are quite an interesting creature. If you do not mind, I would like to see your abilities when we return." He then stood to his full height and nodded at me before facing my dad.

"Optimus."

"Wait!" I tugged on my father's arm hand to prevent him from leaving.

"Yes, Liza?" He questioned, stopping in his tracks.  

"There's something I have to tell you," I said, glancing nervously in Sentinel's direction. "It's...um..."

"Yes?" He kneeled to my height. "What is it?"

I-I can't let him go with Sentinel. I have that same feeling again when something bad is gonna happen. If he leaves now, something bad could happen but if I keep stalling he'll grow suspicious.

"Um...um.." I frantically searched my brain for an excuse. "It's... never mind. We can talk when you get back."

"No," He shook his head. "You seem to be bothered by something. If it is something important, we can talk about it now. The drive can wait." He said, shooting a look towards Sentinel.

"N-No...please. You can go. It can wait." I assured him, urging him towards the direction of the exit once he stood to his height.

"Are you certain?"

I nodded and smiled at him. "Yeah, I'll be fine."
__________________________________________________

"Sammy, you're leaving already?" I stepped aside as the human stormed past me, completely ignoring my question.

"Sam?" I watched as continued to stomp through the hallway. "What's the matter with you?"

"Sam!" Carly jogged past me to catch up with her furious boyfriend. "Hey wait up! Sam!"

I ran down the hall to catch up with the human couple. "Carly? What happened?"

She huffed irritably and began making wild movements with her arms. "That woman in there is absolutely mad! You won't believe the things she said in there!"