9: Odd Greetings

Chapter 9: Odd Meetings
_______________________________________________

"Full?"

"Yep!" Liza chirped happily, rubbing her satisfied stomach as they left the cafeteria.

Having a full tummy was completely foreign to her. She never thought she would experience such a warm feeling.

"Maybe sometime we could go out and get some ice cream?"

"Ice cream?" The girl questioned. "What's a ice cream?"

Lennox smiled and ruffled her messy hair. "Oh, you'll love it! It's sweet and cold and-"

"You humans eat cold food too? Your stomach doesn't hurt afterward?"

"Oh no," Lennox set a hand over his stomach as he barked out a laugh. "Some foods are meant to be eaten cold. Ice cream is a dessert so you have to eat it cold. I don't think you would like a steaming bowl of ice cream...well, I don't even think it would be considered ice cream at that point."

So...it was ok to eat raw food on this planet? But when mama and papa made her do it, it made her tummy hurt.

"So I won't get a stomachache if I eat it?"

The human shook his head and ruffled her hair once more. "Of course not, sport...unless you eat too much of it then that's when you should be worried about a stomachache."

"Ok. Where are we going?"

"We are going to see the Boss Bot and-"

"Who's Boss Bot?"

"Sorry, I meant Optimus. We're going to see Optimus." Lennox quickly corrected.

"Is he still here? Did he leave?"

"Well, he kinda lives here, kid."

Her mouth fell open. "But how? He's so big and the rooms are smaller than him! What if he knocks something down when he tries to lay down and go to sleep?"

Lennox smiled at her innocence. "You're right, the bots are a lot bigger than us so that's why they sleep in their alt mode in the Autobot hangar."

"Alt mode?"

"Y'know," He gestured funnily. "When they transform into their cars and trucks?"

"Ohhh...how do they do that?"

The man shrugged. "You're gonna have to ask one of them. I wonder how they do it sometimes too."

"Yo Lennox!"

The duo froze and turned to face two black and white mechs approaching, one had a big grin on his face and the other held an emotionless stare as he carried himself with the utmost grace and dignified stance.

"Hey, Jazz!"

"Hey, is that the alien girl we picked up? I'm Jazz. Your name's Liza, right?"

Slowly, she nodded as the visored mech kneeled and reached towards her with a finger. Confused by this gesture, she tilted her head to the side and hesitantly reached up to tap the tip of his finger, hurriedly dropping it back to her side.

He only smiled at her as he brought his arm to rest on his knee. "Ah'm still having a hard time believin' you shot down from the sky! Ya look so...human. Ya fit right in!"

She is not human, so why does everybody keep comparing them to her?

Her gaze shifted over to the other mech standing behind him. His firm eyes were focused on her as if he were studying her, trying to figure something out.