It's All Part of War

Chapter 108: It's All Part of War
_______________________________________________

Optimus

One moment Optimus was sleeping peacefully in his berth and then the next moment he was being pounced by a loud Cyberdog.

His optics flung open as he removed the weight off his chest and rose with a startled expression. "Boomer-what...is something wrong?"

The dog barred his teeth and pushed his nose against the Prime's side until the mech swung his legs over the edge of the berth and stood to his full height. With another loud bark, the Cyberdog sped out of the room and Optimus quickly followed without further questioning.

Last time Boomer came and woke him up in the middle of the night, his children had snuck off base for "fun", so he hoped for the love of Primus that this was not the same scenario or else, he was going to literally kill them.

If his large 28-foot form and commander voice weren't intimidating enough then surely a few moments with a small 20-foot femme who had enough rage to power the AllSpark would do them some good. Seeing their mother seemed like a joyous moment but seeing their mother while she was enraged was an absolute nightmare. Even for Optimus.

Wait a second.

Optimus froze when he heard distant cries get increasingly loud as he continued down the hallway. The sound made his spark stop.

By Primus! Before he knew it, the Prime had broken out into a full-blown sprint, not caring that his loud stomps or the tremors that traveled throughout the ground could alert soldiers or nearby Autobots.

His daughter was in trouble.

As he neared her room, he could see light pouring out from her door and Ratchet's ambulance parked nearby. He took slight relief in this but couldn't help but fear the worst for his child.

What could be wrong with her?

He quickly transformed into his Peterbilt and activated his holoform before rushing to the door, ignoring the whimpering Cyberdog beside it.

"Liza? What happened?"

The girl was on the ground hunched over as she sobbed into her shaking hands, leaning into Ratchet for comfort. "I'm a monster!"

"You're not a monster, Liz," Ratchet tried to soothe, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

Optimus stepped into the room and kneeled by Ratchet's side. "What's the matter with her?" He questioned urgently as he pulled the sobbing girl into his arms.

"I'm not sure." The medic said softly. "I found her like this after Boomer came and got me. She was on the ground, screaming at the top of her lungs and pounding her fists against the floor."

"Another nightmare?" He whispered.

"Perhaps."

"Daddy!" Once the girl noticed his presence, she immediately buried her head into his leg and dug her nails into his hips, pinching the skin underneath his holoform's jeans. "I'm so so so sorry! Please forgive me! I'm so sorry! Please don't hate me! I'll do anything! I-I'll do laps around the base, I'll stand in the corner all day, you can take my electronics...just take them forever! I'll even do that spanking thing the kids talk about at school! I don't know what it is but I'm assuming it's bad since they hate it!" She then gripped onto his denim jacket and did her best to shake his large form with fat tears leaking out her eyes. "Ground me! Punish me! Make me stay at the base! Do something! Please!"

"Sweetspark," He tucked the girl's head into his chest and rubbed her back, sending his medic an alarmed look when he noticed blood began to seep through her shirt onto his hand. "Settle down first then we can talk."