A New War

Chapter 117: A New War
_______________________________________________

"Cade, They're going to kill you! Liza, run!"

With a yelp, I dove behind the house to avoid oncoming fire.

"It's the daughter! Get the daughter!" Transforming, I used my wings to shield myself from oncoming bullets before shooting into the sky, blowing the men away with the strong wind.

"Woah!" I swerved right to avoid hitting a helicopter before climbing a higher altitude.

"Will you go away!" I shouted in frustration when the helicopters followed.

Pesky humans!

I easily dodged a few missiles that were shot my way before picking up speed and climbing a higher altitude.

Daddy? I cautiously reached out to him in our bond. You okay?

There was a pause before I felt a small nudge. I'm alright, youngling. He urged me to run but I refused.

I'm not leaving you again.

He pushed a bit more but I pushed right back at him. No.

I scanned the ground below and quickly spotted my father speeding along the road with a dark grey Lamborghini chasing him.

What the scrap?! Who was that?

I began to descend only to jerk back to avoid being hit by the spinning blades of a helicopter. "Stupid humans!" Quickly realizing that I was being surrounded I took off once again, wincing under the oncoming fire. "Frag. Off!" Out of irritation, I rammed into one of the helicopter's tails causing the pilot to lose control and collide with another helicopter.

I didn't look back at the explosion as I sped forward to catch up with the speeding semi below. After descending to a lower level, I was able to catch onto Lamborghini and the Peterbilt racing side by side on the highway.

With its sleek model, the Lamborghini didn't take long to catch up but my father used his brute strength to try and ram him/her off the road.

I had to help him. I knew it would be a struggle for him to put up a fight in his weakened state.

Ignoring the stern pulses from my father's spark, I dove toward the Lamborghini, and with a powerful thrust of my legs, I kicked him off the road.

Leave my daddy alone!

The Lamborghini tumbled off the side of the road and collided with an abandoned building before transforming into a mech. "Puny femme!" His arm transformed into a blaster.

Scrap!

I turned sideways to avoid the blast but I wasn't fast enough to dodge the second one. I hissed when the blast scraped the edge of my wing, causing me to lose control for a brief moment before I caught myself. "Hey-wha....the...."

Was his face always a gun or....?

Hearing the powering whine of the gun, I switched directions and began to fly toward cover until my father rammed into him at full speed, causing the mech to miss his shot.

"Liza!" Transforming, my father slammed a fist into the mech's gut before climbing onto a nearby building. "Get out of here! Now!"

Not a chance. I'm not leaving you again.

The mech quickly recovered and dug himself out of the brick wall before climbing after the larger mech. "Get back here Prime!"

I was about to chase after him until another round of bullets was sent my way. "For the love of Primus!" I huffed, spotting the trucks and helicopters chasing after me.

"You humans are so annoying!"

I took off once again, leading them away from innocent civilians before I turned and flapped my wings violently with an irate scream.

The harsh winds caused the armored trucks to turn over, some coming to a screeching halt to avoid being crushed by falling helicopters and rolling over fallen men.

I smiled at my work before taking off again, my optics scanning the ground below. My gaze snapped over to an explosion near an abandoned factory, my optics widening slightly once I caught sight of my father pushing himself out of a military roll and transforming.

A bright car speeding through the chaos was what caught my attention.

Who was that?

It disappeared into a parking lot along with some black cars before I could get a good look. I landed on top of the roof and remained out of sight as I listened to loud engines and guns going off inside.

A few minutes later, the car came speeding out, successfully riding down a ramp before coming to a stop. The doors flung open as a group of humans began rushing out.

"Cade," I whispered.

Frantic honks brought my attention to the large semi swerving around the corner and coming to halt in front of them. "Optimus!" Cade said in a relieved tone.

Another human emerged from the car along with Cade and Tessa, Lucas following seconds later.

Time to go.

I prepared to take off until I heard a loud thump nearby. Peering around a wall, I spotted the mech from earlier tossing a bomb toward the group below.

"No!"

A servo flew over my mouth, my optics widening in shock as I witnessed the series of explosions that took place before me. Debris flew in the air and the ground shook below, my optics blinded by the bright lights that took place.

Dear Primus....

Relief flooded through me once I spotted the humans climbing into my father's truck. They're safe. My spark began to settle until I noticed something missing.

Wait...that's only....there's Cade, Tessa...some random guy....where's Lucas?

Lucas?

The smoke cleared and an unrecognizable figure remained standing in the midst of it. Their mouth agape, their clothes torched, and their skin fried.

L-Lucas?

I began to tremble as I watched the wind gently blow parts of him as if he were a pile of dust. He-

The grey mech didn't even give him a second glance as he jumped down near the scene and transformed into his Lamborghini, heading in the direction the rusty semi had disappeared.

Lucas?

I remained frozen in my spot for many minutes, my optics trained on the burning body below. It took me a while to force my gaze away and reply to my father's stern calls. The tears threatened to fall as I took to the sky but I refused to let them. I couldn't.

This is war.

No more tears. No more running.

________________________________________________

I'm so sorry for the extremely late update!