Traitor

Chapter 98: Traitor
________________________________________________

"What's the matter with you? Why are you following me around, youngling?"

"Oh nothing," I gave him an innocent smile and grabbed onto his arm. "Just wanna be around my favorite Weapon Specialist."

He scoffed and slowed down a bit so I could keep pace with him. "Ain't I the only one who good with weapons around here?"

"That doesn't mean I don't wanna spend time with you."

"Oh please youngling." He rolled his optics and raised his arm to ruffle my hair. "It's not like you to come clinging to me all of a sudden. What do you want from me? Who do I need to kill?"

"Well first off, you can't kill humans."

"Should take ya own advice."

"I don't kill humans!"

"Well ya sure ain't obeying the rules by not harming them either."

That has nothing to do with this!

I quickly changed the subject and grabbed hold of his arm again. "Moving on...are you feeling okay?"

He looked down at me quizzically. "What?"

"I said are you feeling okay? You're not hurt or anything are you?"

His optics began to dart around the hallway. "I feel fine. Why are you asking?"

"Just making sure." I said, poking his side.

"Did Ratchet have you come spy on me? Tell the old fragger I'm fine and to leave me alone."

"Nope!" I just chirped. "Not Ratch, just me."

"Oh," He held a suggestive tone. "So you're the medic for the day? Are ya gonna drag me to the MedBay if I don't cooperate, Miss Prime?"

I giggled at his playfulness. "I don't even think I could pick you up, Hide."

He faked a hurt expression. "Are you calling me fat?"

"You know what I meant." I laughed heartily.

"Oh I know exactly what you meant. You're calling me overweight."

"I'm not!" I defended in a whiny tone. Ratchet will tell you otherwise. "I used to be underweight, so I have no right to make fun of someone's weight."

"Oh Primus," He groaned and raised his other hand to rub at his optics. "Don't remind me. Ratchet was constantly worried about you."

"He threatened to feed me with a tube once because I didn't eat my vegetables." Which seems a bit...odd.

IronHide chuckled. "Threatened? He hid my treats. Said I was eating too much. That should be considered a crime."

That's Ratch for ya.

"Well, I'm far from that state now. I'm growing up! As a matter of fact, Ratch said I grew four inches." I stated proudly. "Maybe I'll grow taller than you one day!"

He shrugged. "It's not much, but it's process."

We all start somewhere.

"Come on, youngling." The big mech shook his arm in attempt to get me to loosen my grip. "Let go of me. What is the matter with you?"

I shook my head and moved around his large figure to grab hold of his other arm. "Nothing."

"Perhaps I need to take you to Ratchet."

"No, I don't." I replied in a soft tone. "I-I just wanna know where you're going."

"I'm going to the range. I need to blow something up."