Heartbroken

Chapter 39: Heartbroken
____________________________________________

"Easy, Ironhide." Ratchet instructed as he led Ironhide over to a medical berth. He climbed onto the metal, carefully setting his bulk upon the surface.

After we arrived, Ratchet immediately got set up with dealing with the 'bots injuries. First, he started with 'bots with the major injuries, starting with Ironhide then Prowl, later on with Sides and Bee. He'll deal with the rest later. I didn't see the femmes get off a plane which left me me confused. I didn't have an idea where they were at, and I was beginning to worry.

Gathering the necessary cables and tools, Ratchet stepped in front of the black mech and began working on his chest by pulling out unnecessary parts such as stones and unwanted metal.

I sat in Bee's hands, unable to move due to my leg injury. Ratchet insisted on working on me first, but I told him to work on Ironhide first. Ironhide argued back, saying that my health is more important than his. At the end, I won the argument that went on for five minutes either way. I wouldn't be able to survive much longer, if I'm loosing Energon after nearly being hit in my spark!

Dad stood beside Bee, watching silently as Ratchet worked on Ironhide. It took me a while to notice, but he would wince every now and then as if he was in pain and reach for his chest, but he would drop it, trying to hide it and keep a straight face. Bee seemed to notice it too.

We gave each other a look, speaking our "silent language" then pretending like nothing happened.

"Ow, Hatchet! That hurts!"

"Call me that again, and you'll be in a worse condition than you're already are."

Ironhide grumbled something in return, but didn't say anything else.

They're the oldest of friends but act like sworn enemies.

The slight shaking of Bee's hand gained my attention, signaling something. I turned to see his optics flicking towards dad who seemed more in pain, but tried to hide it. It seemed like he was in pain similar to how Ironhide was on the plane.

I would question dad about it, but I knew him and his stubbornness. He would deny it that he wasn't in pain unless Ratchet forced the truth out of him.

Or my mother.

"Uh...Ratch?"

Almost immediately, Ratchet perked up and turned in my direction. "What?" I tilted my head slightly over towards dad and Ratchet seemed to get the message as he went back to working on Ironhide.

There was a short silence, before Ratchet finally spoke.

"Optimus." Ratchet called without turning around.

"Yes, Ratchet?"

"You need to rest."

"Ratchet, I'm-"

"It wasn't a suggestion." Ratchet cut him off.

"I..."

"Optimus." This time Ratchet had a warning tone in his voice. "Go." Was the stern command he received from his medic.

Bee placed me on his shoulder and grabbed onto dad's hand, pulling on it slightly. He glanced between Bee and Ratchet, before letting out a soft sigh and allowing himself to be pulled out the Med Bay.

:: I'm singin' Follow me
Everything is all right
I'll be the one to tuck you in at night.::

"Daddy, are you alright? What's the matter?" I asked as we walked down the large hallway. He winced in pain again and reached for his chest.