Valentines Day

Chapter 68: Valentines Day
______________________________________________

"You excited to go back again?"

"No! Why would you ask that?"

As usual, I refused to get up for school in the morning, because....it's school and it's too early. Don't know why the 'bots won't come to terms with that.

I only like 5 humans on this planet anyway. Why send me to a place that holds a tiny part of the billions that exist?

Like every other morning, the covers were tugged from my grasp and my pillows were snatched from under my head. The things I need to cover from the blinding sunlight.

I was cold.

Uncomfortable.

Blinded.

And upset.

I didn't even get to finish my argument, before I felt myself being lifted off my soft comfortable mattress and planted on my feet on the other side of my room, facing the closet.

And just like that, a grumpy IronHide left my room, leaving me to my morning routine that was expected to be done in the next 20 minutes.

Now....here I am with Jazz taking me to school. Can you believe he actually thinks I'm excited to go back? Then he has the audacity to ask.

"Geez, Ah was just asking." He murmured softly. "Ya should be used to it now, you've been in school for at least four months now."

"Wanna trade spots?"

"Sure, ya can train with IronHide while I go and interact with a bunch of lil' sparklings. Seems fair."

Honestly, it does.

"You wouldn't last one minute."

"You lasted months." He shot back evenly.

"This is you we're talking about though."

"Whatcha tryna say? I get annoyed easily?"

"You would if you were there."

"Now ya just making me sound like Ratch. Maybe it's because ya don't get along with humans as well as Ah do." He countered.

"So I'm guessing you'll enjoy being around loud sensitive little kids all day."

"Well...they are kids."

"Exactly. Human kids."

"Do you...why do ya dislike the human race so much? They're pretty cool once ya get to learn about them."

"Trust me, I tried."

A laugh sounded over the soft roar of his engine. "Doesn't seem like it."

"I did!"

"Well, I guess you ain't trying hard enough."

A puff of air blew past my lips as I turned my head with my arms across my chest. "Whatever."

"All this arguing and I forgot to tell ya Happy Valentines Day."

"Happy what?"

"Valentines. It's a human holiday today."

"Again?!"

The Porsche sped along the empty road as he let out a light chuckle. "Yea again."

"I swear humans have five holidays each month! What, am I supposed to dress up or something?"

"Nah, not this time. It's all based on lovey-dovey stuff."

My brows furrowed in confusion. "So today is just for couples and soulmates? Love stuff?"