An Attempt

Chapter 82: An Attempt
_____________________________________________

"Liza, are you certain you want to go?"

I let out an uneasy breath and gave a hesitant nod. "Y-Yeah. I-I think so."

"Look at me, sweetspark." A large hand gently took hold of my chin and brought my gaze to meet firm electric blue eyes while the other hand softly stroked my hair.

"Are you sure? If feel that...you are in need of more time and you wish to stay on base then you are free to do so."

It's been a little over a week since the...incident and I've been told that my condition has improved but to me I haven't seen any progress.

Actually things seemed to get worse.

Yes, Ratchet already confirmed that the majority of my wounds have healed and that I was able to move as much as I wanted without being in too much pain as I was before. Although, the nightmares have been less frequent they seem to get worse when they do show. For some odd reason my past has started to merge with my kidnapping and Megatron and it isn't fun.

To see the faces of the people that hurt me and her being murdered right in front me....it was like I was in a movie on rewind.

It's truly terrifying.

But I didn't bother telling anybody. Not even dad.

Ratchet suggested that maybe I should at least try to interact with the humans and go back to school to see if my behavior was...normal or satisfactory. There was some hesitation in my answer but surprisingly I agreed even though I didn't want to leave the protection of my family.

I was horrified actually but I thought it would be best to at least try and socialize with those around my age.

And to see my human best friend before we leave for the new base that we've been assigned to in Washington D.C.

I know I'll probably never see her again and I'll most likely won't make any other human friends.

But it's best to give it a shot.

"I-I think I should try dad. I really want to see my friend, Nylaah and maybe I could learn something new about the humans." I gave him a weak smile which quickly fell.

"Of course," He straightened my jacket that covered the bandages underneath and took my hands into his. "You wish to see your human friend...that is understandable, but I fear how you may react to large crowds."

"I-I'll be fine. Ratchet taught me how to calm myself down if I feel like I'm in trouble. I just need to breath."

"That's right, my dear." He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and squeezed my hand. "Just remember to breath and take your time."

I nodded. "Ok."

"And do not hesitate to call us if you need help, Liza."

"Yes daddy....I-I will."

He smiled softly and raised my hand to his lips. "I know you will."

Suddenly his eyes widened in realization. "That reminds me." He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small metal bracelet.

"What's that for?" I questioned as he took hold of my arm and slid the bracelet onto my wrist with ease.

"It's a tracking device." He answered calmly.

"A what?" I demanded in a incredulous tone causing the man to let out a heavy sigh.

"I'm sorry sweetspark, but I absolutely refuse to have another outcome such as last time. I hate to inform you this but you are target and there is without doubt that the Decepticons will attempt to take you as their prisoner again."