Healing Better

Chapter 42: Healing Better
____________________________________________

"Ratchet?"

When I first opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was Ratchet's holoform dumbfounded expression. His eyes were as wide as a deer in headlights! Something crazy had to happen if Ratchet was this surprised.

He just stood there, not saying a word. I don't even think he knew I was awake until I called his name again. "Ratchet." I repeated a bit louder, causing him to jump out of his trance

He fixed his gaze upon me with wide eyes. "...I didn't realize you were awake." He said, pushing his glasses back onto his face.

"What were you so surprised about?" I asked him.

"...You're healing."

"Is that a...bad thing?"

"No. You're healing way faster than I expected. I thought it would take weeks, but...it's been merely two days and....the bone in your leg is nearly finished healing."

"That's not true."

Ratchet reached over and began unstrapping the cast from around my leg carefully.

My leg can't heal in two days. That's impossible!

But Ratchet is never wrong.

Once my leg was free from the cast, I lifted my leg a few inches in air, expecting pain, but I didn't.

"Do you feel any pain?"

"No."

Ratchet gently grasped my ankle and bent it at the knee. "How about now?"

"Nope."

"Now?" He questioned, raising my leg higher. "No."

"Hm....do you wanna try walking?"

"...Sure."

"I'm gonna set you down." Ratchet wrapped my arms around his neck, carefully picking me up and setting me down on the ground gently. He made sure to wrap an arm around my shoulders to make sure I wouldn't fall. "Take one step at a time."

Following Ratchet's instructions, I took a step one after the other with his help."I'm going to let go."

"K."

Ratchet slowly removed his arms from around me and allowed me to walk on my own. I was able to walk normally, feeling no types of pain. "Walk to the wall and back."

I did as he said and walked to the wall across the room and back. "Feel anything?"

"Nope."

"Try jumping."

I hopped on my feet and felt a twinge of pain shoot through my leg. "Ah...oo..No jumping Ratch."

"Okay.....easy." He helped me back onto the bed.  "It's amazing that you're healing that fast."

"I'm just as surprised. Do you think it has anything to do with me being from another planet?"

"Possibly. But considering the fact that you don't know much about your race, I'm not exactly sure myself. You could be right."

"Am I allowed to move around, doctor?"

Ratchet rolled his eyes at my childishness. "Yes, I will allow you to move as you please, but I don't want you moving around too much. Even though your leg is much better, don't forget the rest of your injuries have to heal. You need to take it easy."