Painful Memories

Chapter 91: Painful Memories
______________________________________________
(This chapter was inspired by @KaitlynGlovick. Shout out to them!)

Optimus

I couldn't prevent the smile spreading on my lips as her petite form carefully stepped out of the Cybertronian pod.

My beautiful, Elita. She's finally...back.

Her bright blue optics scanned the field of humans and Autobots until they landed upon me. She allowed that beautiful smile that I've been longing to see to cross her features as she began approaching me.

My Autobots and humans made quick work in greeting the new arrivals but my attention was solely focused on the pink femme ahead. It was as if time seemed to slow down as I began to move on my own to close the distance between us. I didn't care of what the others may view of me or the teasing I would receive later on but the only thing mattered was her.

Elita-1.

Before I knew it she was crushed into my embrace, her arms circling around my waist and squeezing me just as tight. We remained like that for what felt like years but what was only seconds that I wished could last for eons.

Nothing else mattered during that moment. It was just us and the grief and sorrow that we suffered from being separated for so long.

"I missed you." She sobbed softly, shifting slightly in my arms.

I kissed the top of her head and caressed her back. "I missed you too. So much, my dear Elita."

I pulled away and we shared a sweet kiss, ignoring our distaste for public affections. " I love you." I murmured against her lips, sending her my love over our bond which she eagerly returned.

It wasn't until we pulled apart when she replied, "I love you more, you big lugnut." She grinned and poked my nose with her digit. "I'm so glad to finally be reunited with you and Bee."

She suddenly pulled away and a worried look crossed her beautiful features. "Where is Bee?" She questioned as she began searching the field with her optics for the yellow Scout.

"Where is he, Optimus?"

I was about to answer her until a beep sounded from behind me followed by a short clipped voice.

::Here!::

I stepped aside to allow my sparkmate collect our son in her arms and squeeze him in a tight hug. I raised a hand to cover a chuckle as I watched the poor little bot squeal in discomfort as he was lifted off the ground and squeezed as if he was an Earth fruit.

"Bee! I missed you so much!"

Elita peppered his face with kisses and squeezed him once more before releasing him much to his relief.

And mine as well. I fear if he was squeezed any longer I would see Energon start to leak out of him.

"Daddy?" A pat on my thigh brought my attention to the little raven girl below. Her maximized form shifted behind me as her adorable multi colored eyes stared curiously at me before settling on the mother and son duo ahead.

"I-Is that her?" She ducked behind to me to avoid from being seen by my love.

I smiled and patted her head in reassurance. "Yes, that is her Liza."

"That is Elita-1."

;::My love.::; I called softly over our bond to gain her attention.