Natural Pain

Chapter 109: Natural Pain
_______________________________________________

Slowly, I trudged down the hall with an arm curled around my abdomen, my feet briefly stumbling to catch my balance.

"Boomer," I groaned, not bothering to glance at the large nose that lightly nudged me in the back. "I'm already in pain. I don't want to add any more by falling on my face."

The Cyberdog whimpered and padded softly behind me with his nose carefully angled over my body as he sniffed me. "And I'm not riding in your mouth again. I can get there myself."

I was in no mood for dog breath.

The dog kneeled and laid his head down invitingly. "No Booms, I can...scrap-" I keeled over and hissed through my teeth as another painful cramp hit me. "Good Primus!"

Boomer allowed me to lean on his head for support. "I'm fine boy just...help me to the Med-Bay."

My head began to swim and my knees threatened to give out, but I stubbornly continued forward with the help of Boomer.

After a few painful minutes, I stumbled into the Med-Bay and collapsed to the ground, clutching my stomach in pain. "Raattcch."

"Liza?" A concerned First Aid came into view. "Are you alright?" Swatting the Cyberdog away, the red and white mech crouched down and gently scooped me into his hands.

"My scanners are telling me you are experiencing pain around your abominable region, and-by Primus, are you bleeding out of your-"

"Where's Ratch?" I snapped heatedly, rubbing furiously at my abdomen to ease the cramps. "Ratchet!"

Booker barked in response and ran up to the green CMO as he emerged from his office. "Again?"

"Ratchet!" First Aid deposited me on the nearest berth before he began gathering equipment. "I don't know how it happened but she's bleeding out of her lower regions!"

"Yes, I'm well aware, Aid." The older medic nonchalantly replied as he opened the top cabinet and began searching for something.

"So you...you.." He froze. "You seem awfully calm about this."

"Do you not know?" Ratchet glanced over his shoulder as he began heating a water pad. "Ah," He tapped his head in realization.

"I have yet to teach you about menstruation."

First Aid blinked, confused. "Menstruation?"

"Yes, it is a cycle that the females of this planet including Liza go through once a month." With the now heated water pad in hand, he walked past him and rolled me over, setting the heating pad over my bare stomach. I hummed in satisfaction at the warmth.

The younger mech slowly set down the tools. "Is it normal for her to experience such pain?"

Ratchet handed me a tablet and offered me a bottle of water from a compartment in his arm. "Completely normal."

I watched First Aid's gaze follow Boomer running out the door before it returned to Ratchet. "What is the purpose of this 'menstruation'?"

"Think of it as a preparation for pregnancy."

"Pregnancy?" Aid's optics grew big. "Her body prepares for pregnancy at such a young age!"

"Unfortunately," I muttered moodily, pressing the heated pad against my stomach even more. "My body hates me."

I turned to Ratchet with a slight grimace. "I want hot chocolate."

"I will ask Major Lennox to bring you some later, but for now," He opened a small compartment on his other arm and held it down to my level. "This should suffice."